March hatch 2024

This is our first time ever owning chickens, or incubating. We are using the Nurture Right 360 and started with a mix of 21 eggs. 5 were unfertilized, and 1 potential early quitter, but I wasn't sure, so I left in.

Today is day 20, and I think I have my first pip! Excited to see what happens over the next 24 hours!

Attachments

• IMG_2853.jpeg
    IMG_2853.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 4
This is our first time ever owning chickens, or incubating. We are using the Nurture Right 360 and started with a mix of 21 eggs. 5 were unfertilized, and 1 potential early quitter, but I wasn't sure, so I left in.

Today is day 20, and I think I have my first pip! Excited to see what happens over the next 24 hours!
I bet your excited it can be addicting.

I hatched out 3 a couple days ago. (day 22-23)

I still have some that are a few days older, that I can add to that group, so they will not be lonely.

I did go to N40 and they had chicks. I didn't buy any because none of the chicks got me that excited, not like mine do. I did buy a second incubator. My old one I will hatch in, my new one they can be in until day 18. I am enjoying my Farm innovators which is a still air, my second one is also still air but LG.

Update: We had 13 smooth hatches out of 15! One was an early quitter, and one is still going. However, it’s been pipped for more than 30 hours so I’ll keep an eye on it but it might need an assist later today. I read a lot about assisting, and I don’t take it lightly, hopefully it hatches on its own today.

In the meantime I’m going to put some warm, wet paper towel over the last egg and transfer the 13 dry fluffy ones to the brooder. I’ll leave the last one in there for now and keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom