March Hatch-A-Long

Pics

Stick Chicken

Songster
Aug 1, 2018
Well, February is almost over, so any eggs put in the incubator now will hatch in March. Given that information, as well as the realization that no one has made one yet, I decided to start the hatch-a-long thread. I'm probably not the right one to do it, but who can say who the "right" one is.
Sorry about the rambling...
If you are planning on hatching in March or are just interested by the whole hatching business, feel free to join in on the conversation.
Good luck on everybody's hatching, by the way.;)

As for me, I set eighteen eggs in the incubator yesterday. There are seven sultan eggs, seven mille fleur d'uccle eggs, and four ayam cemani cross eggs. They are set to hatch around the 15th of March.

I'm in!
So far staggered hatches due on 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 15th.
Mostly only a few eggs each group, guinea fowl and belgian duccle milliefluers or black mottle.
So far only the millies seem to make it to hatchday but hopefully that will change :fl
Good luck on your hatching!
Is hatching guinea keets any different from hatching chicks? I want to hatch guineas some day, but I only have two hens.

I’ll join you, #metoo just placed 13 Black Copper Marans and 2 ice cream bars eggs in the incubator yesterday, if I get lucky hoping to get near 100% on this but my roosters are all young (7-8 months old) so who knows.
Good luck with your eggs. Do you mean to say "ice cream bars" or do you mean cream legbars?:) I had a frost white legbar last year, but ended up selling him.

Good luck on your hatching!
Is hatching guinea keets any different from hatching chicks? I want to hatch guineas some day, but I only have two hens.
Thank you. The guineas take around 28 days to hatch but otherwise they are much the same, I'm now setting batches 7 days apart so the guineas fit in better with times going into hatcher because I kept getting caught with eggs due to go in while others were on hatch day if that makes sense :rolleyes:

Ah, okay. I figured I'd ask since I've never heard of them. You'll have to show some pictures when they hatch.

Here’s the pic of the eggs & chicks from that breeder
BA3BE347-2226-489C-9526-2F53AAF48586.jpeg

39448D2F-5AE2-4047-A8B4-136DA50C78D3.jpeg

Ok Im in. I have never done this before so Ill need a lot of help and moral support:rolleyes:
I got a Mini Brinsea Advance II and plan on setting 7 eggs today. I dont have roosters so Im getting some from a breeder friend nearby today. I wanted more colorful egg layers so Im hopefully getting some wheaten marans, maybe cream legbars, olive eggers but her specialty is swedish flowers so I may get some of those too. So a mixed batch depending on what she collects today. I have no idea what Im doing but from what Ive read the brinsea kinda does all the work but Im sure I'll have questions so you all have been warned:D

Back
Top Bottom