MARYLAND THREAD!

Washington County
smile.png

Brand spanking new at the Frederick/Montgomery county line & just about to jump back in! We had 6 lovely sex link hens about 20 years ago & have been wanting to have chickens again. We are hoping to get 8-10 hens and maybe a roo this time . . . as soon as we get our coop & yard ready! I have been studying this great website and taking notes on everyone's coops daily ~ My family thinks I'm obsessed . . . got a great deal on a shed off craigslist this weekend so I am off and running! Glad to see some other Marylanders here!

Hello from Glenn Dale.

We have 3 australorps that were given to us by a friend who decided she had too much to do when she added 2 horses to her great Dane, cat, and parrots. We love having them so much that we are raising 5 more (a banded Plymouth rock, a silver laced wyandotte, and gold laced wyandotte, a buff orpington and a white Plymouth rock). They have been so amusing and such a joy. Keep in mind that she offered her hens to someone with 3 dogs, a cat, fish and frogs.
smile.png

My neighbors come over regularly to see how the chicks are doing and feed them weeds.

Is there anyone else out there in PG, oops, I mean Prince Georges county?

Hello chickygirl2:

We are pretty close. Can I come over and play with your goats? My husband says I like goats only because I have no sense of smell. :)

Are you on a farm/larger piece of land? It sounds like you have plenty of room. We are on 1.7 acres of mostly woods, which we guard jealously. The trees are coming down fast in our area.

It sounds like you are more experienced than I am at the chicken raising thing. I have sooooo enjoyed it, though. It is all I can do to not get some more. I keep telling myself that there is just 2 of us and we do not need that many eggs.

Maybe we can chat later. It is bedtime.

Lill

Hi Lill,
We are on about 6 acres here.
Luckily, the male goat was neutered, so he is
not terribly stinky. But he is dusty !Clap him and you raise a dust cloud. : )

We started off in another house only with 3 chickens. It was not long before we had more...........................
and ducks, and geese. Then we moved ! The neighbors would have thrown us out of suburbia otherwise !
Patty

Hi Patty:

Sorry to take so long to answer. Life, ya' know.

Of course, 2 minutes after I posted my last message, I saw the link to your web page. You live on quite a place. I am sure you enjoy it.

We are zoned for such things in the middle of residential zoned properties. Luckily, the neighbors think the chickens are fun and come over to visit them. I do not know what they would do if I showed up with a goat. ;-) They are already nice enough to put up with our 2 large parties a year.

Nice chatting with you.

Lill

I would love to get it, but its over 2 hours from me and to take our rollback that far would cost about $200 in gas lol.

Good luck to closer Marylanders! Looks like a great deal!

Back
Top Bottom