MARYLAND THREAD!

Hello everyone, I am organizing a breeders directory for here in MD. The first publication will be an online one and I will post links here and on Facebook groups as well as sending it out in my quarterly newsletter. If you would like to participate as a breeder, please message me or email me erinmoshier @ Gmail -your name (can use farm name), your city and your email address (no phone numbers please) and what breeds/varieties you will have for sale this year. We are including farms that are close to MD too! so if you'd like to participate and you are in our area, please do! I am hoping this will grow and will be a valued resource for us.
frow.gif

I'm in Frederick and the City residents are not allowed to keep chickens. Those in the County can. I hope that we can have that law amended.

Looking for someone to talk chicken in the Girdletree Stockton Snow Hill Pocomoke Accomack area. Is there Anybody Out There?

I'm just over the border into MD, but My husband works in VA.

What kind of chickens do you have?

We have some easter eggers, and just got 2 banties off craigslist because we were bummed when our first incubator attempt didn't pan out. 4 days to go on our second attempt. Fingers crossed!

Glad to find this thread, I'm in Wicomico county, raising my first 10 chicks red stars and black stars and 4 CX. Anyone near me?

I'm building my coop, first temporary nearly finished, hubby to help with permanent one outside.

You register your flock with the state of Maryland. The process is easy and quick and is no trouble other than the inconvenience of mailing in a form in an envelope. They send you a nice card with your registered number. If a threat exists in your area they will let you know. This is an important way of ensuring biosecurity for your flock.

mda.maryland.gov/animalHealth/Forms2/poultry_registration.pdf

Is where you go to get the form. Good place to start, I could find no information on county concerns about chickens, not sure what the laws where you live are but a call to the zoning board may be in order if your property is not zoned agricultural. Also, if you are in an HOA please check their rules first!!

Thanks for this I'm in Wicomico county too. Didn't know I needed to register my chicks. Will be mailing the form this week.

new member here! I live in north calvert county. I have a few girls and trying to find someone who I can purchase a copper marans pullet and an olive egger pullet. The closer to laying age the better.
I look forward to learning more!

new member here! I live in north calvert county. I have a few girls and trying to find someone who I can purchase a copper marans pullet and an olive egger pullet. The closer to laying age the better.
I look forward to learning more!
Welcome! I'm from northern Calvert also. There are a few of us on here.

Back
Top Bottom