MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Its May and I am incubating... Guess I should join here too.

3 bators of chicken eggs, and some peafowl with more going in today  :yesss:  
I want peafowl! They are just so stinking pretty. But everyone says "they're loud....they're messy" have they not been around chickens and roos?????

I just went into lockdown with my isabells, ayam cemani, barnyard mix and sizzles. 30 eggs and all were moving! Some looked awfully small for 18 plus days but we shall see. I'm a bit nervous about hatching them upright in cartons. Just seems more natural to be laying down. Oh well still had a few loose air cells so I don't want to rock the boat.

My rock didn't make it, but at least it isn't suffering any longer. It just didn't seem strong from the beginning. It was pipped with no progress for a very long time. I think it was over 48 hours. So out of 18, I have 5 rocks and 6 beautiful blue silkies.

I also have more eggs hatching on Tuesday. :) (10 eggs) I set them on Apr. 19 at 9:30 pm, so I will lockdown on Saturday evening.

You!

Duckling will get to see the chicks and ducklings hatch next week thanks to the new incubator. Or not. The new incubator is not as awesome as I hoped. Might not get anything.
I have pictures (lots and lots and lots of pictures!) of Duckling with chicks in the brooder, on the bed, on her head and outside. Ducklings in her crib, and outside. I also have a few pictures of the day I caught a fly away hen. I had Duckling in the coop, and said, "Here! Take her." Duckling (about 18-months-old) turned around with her arms out. She was too shocked to react
I wasn't sure I was still in the running for that.
Monkey and her brother got to watch chicks hatch last time. They enjoyed it very much.

Its May and I am incubating... Guess I should join here too.

3 bators of chicken eggs, and some peafowl with more going in today
yesss.gif
celebrate.gif

I just went into lockdown with my isabells, ayam cemani, barnyard mix and sizzles. 30 eggs and all were moving! Some looked awfully small for 18 plus days but we shall see. I'm a bit nervous about hatching them upright in cartons. Just seems more natural to be laying down. Oh well still had a few loose air cells so I don't want to rock the boat.
fl.gif

Mine are certainly worse than my roosters once they get going - and yet I'll be putting some eggs in the incubator tomorrow
roll.png
Oh goody. Do you try to coop them or just let them run around?

Back
Top Bottom