MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Good morning all!!

Busy morning in all 3 incubators! 2 of the 4 eggs that I forgot to lock down have hatched, and 1 is pipped. The incuview (my eggs) has 5 babies with 2 zipping. The Brinsea (with Gotro17's eggs) there are 6 new chicks with 3 zipping.

Lots of pips! Should be a busy day. Today is day 21.

Welcome to all the new HAL members!

Good morning all!!

Busy morning in all 3 incubators! 2 of the 4 eggs that I forgot to lock down have hatched, and 1 is pipped. The incuview (my eggs) has 5 babies with 2 zipping. The Brinsea (with Gotro17's eggs) there are 6 new chicks with 3 zipping.

Lots of pips! Should be a busy day. Today is day 21.

Welcome to all the new HAL members!
yesss.gif
Sounds like you should get lots of babies.

I got a new toy
big_smile.png

Aaaanddd I filled it.

And there are ten duck eggs in my other one on lockdown too, as well as a few overflow guinea eggs
th.gif
Congrats! Looks like a full house to me!

Okay time for another Blooie stoopid question. I tried to use the exact thermometer you show here - the litter yeller 'un with the wire. Is there are trick for getting the probe inside the incubator without it keeping the lid from closing completely? Accurate as all get out but if I can't get in the incubator without it holding the lid up just a little bit it does me no good.

Oh, and hey, you wild food eaters...talk to me after you've eaten haggis. Yeah, not exactly an American food group, but I eat it once a year.
sickbyc.gif

Ok. I should have the last of this hatch done on Friday. Give them to Sunday and then I clean, disinfect and put more in
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I'm terrible.

Last edited:
Well broody #1 (for the month) a d'Uccle game cross, has hatched. I originally set her on 7 eggs, 4 NN Blacksexlink crosses, or straight NN, and 3 EE eggs. When I candled them, 2 of the NN eggs were infertile. Both the remaining NN eggs hatched. Of the EE eggs, 2/3 hatched, and one has a naked neck! I guess some of my EE hens were visiting the NN roosters. So 4/7 hatched total.
And....I set another hen! One of my Game hens went broody and she is now sitting on 14 bantam eggs. They are d'Uccles (fathered by the roo in my avatar) EE.bantams, and Game crosses. She will be due the end of the month.

Last edited:
Well broody #1 (for the month) a d'Uccle game cross, has hatched. I originally set her on 7 eggs, 4 NN Blacksexlink crosses, or straight NN, and 3 EE eggs. When I candled them, 2 of the NN eggs were infertile. Both the remaining NN eggs hatched. Of the EE eggs, 2/3 hatched, and one has a naked neck! I guess some of my EE hens were visiting the NN roosters. So 4/7 hatched total.
And....I set another hen! One of my Game hens went broody and she is now sitting on 14 bantam eggs. They are d'Uccles (fathered by the roo in my avatar) EE.bantams, and Game crosses. She will be due the end of the month.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom