MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Resetting to factory setting shouldn't need to be done the first time you use it, should it?

I wouldn't think so. Not for that money. I didn't realize it was the first time. There is a Brinsea Octogan thread if you have specific questions. I am happy to try to help too. I think one of mine is a retread though. The other one is great. The eco is not bad for incubating, but I like to switch the top to an advanced for humidity control at lockdown.

I am here too! LOL and here I thought I was getting in early for May! You guys are already at 78 pages. Sheesh! Busy Bees. Ok. Anyway. I just set 36 sizzle eggs from Sheri Minkner (thank you Sooo much @country !)

I only ordered a dozen and she sent tons and tons of extras! Best purchase ever!! And they came packed immaculately. I love love love her bubble wrap sleeves! Awesome!

Anyway, several from each of her pens and I am stoked! w00T!
Welcome! Sounds like you got a good bargain on the eggs! Good Luck!

My marans broody on the job. 2 weeks in and 2 to go. 10 guinea eggs. As promised (to myself), i haven't messed with them other than to check for extras every day. I'd love to candle them BUT I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT! She's been a good mama so far.
woot.gif

My broody has 1 chick. She got off the 3 remaining eggs. I placed them in the bator because they are still moving. The chick is almost a week old and I think she was tired of waiting for the others. I am going to put broody alone next time to prevent others from laying eggs in her nest at random times. Hopefuly the other 3 will hatch.

We have 10 turkey eggs going strong!

I have 41 BO eggs in the LG

and..........I brought these little things home today. I couldn't resist!!!! 2 Polish and 2 Silkies. I really wanted silkies so now I have them! I shouldn't be allowed in any feed store really.

You're going to be overrun if you're not careful.

Welcome! Sounds like you got a good bargain on the eggs! Good Luck! 

:woot

You're going to be overrun if you're not careful. 

As long as I keep selling all of the chicks we have hatched I think we will be ok. Maybe.. Lol
We have 12 BO hens
1 BO rooster
2 mixed hens
3 Cochin pullets
1 Cochin roo
8 serama pullets
2 serama Roos

My bank is driving me crazy :barnie I really need to order my Eco 40. I just deposited my tax return today so I could. Went to order it, thought to myself 'let's check the bank account first though, make sure everything went through'. Nope! They have it pending for no reason. Made $200 of it available and the rest I apparently just don't get to use until they decide I can. I have more eggs on the way darn it! I need that incubator.

Not the best picture but here is my grumpy broody. I candle tomorrow night, cage her in Wednesday then sit on my hands and wait.
Oh, I know all about grumpy broody hens! Only had one ever go broody, and the first time she was only 8 months old. Do you think the Buff Orpington I got 3 years ago could ever go broody, which is why I wanted an Orpington? Heck, no! Just an 8 month old Easter Egger, and when Agatha's broody the entire world knows it! You don't even go out there unless you have on your helmet, gauntlets, chain mail and are carrying a claymore! In no time flat she goes from this:

Sweet little Agatha the Hen:

To this: Attila the Hen!

Good mommy, though!

Boo! BYCs web browser is buggy, at least on my machine. Happened after going to Purina's 30 day challenge page. Gotta run a system virus and malware scan now :(

Quote:
no
Just locked down four duck eggs. 1 is questionable, but the other three have observable movement.
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f425.png
good luck!

MPC best customer service ever. They are reshipping my eggs.not til June 6th though that's as soon as my assortment group will be available. And I still get to set the ones I got today on hopes of a hatch! If any of these hatch I might have to give them all traveling names. Looks like I'll be in a June Hal if there is one if not I might have to start one!
1f424.png
1f413.png
1f425.png
1f413.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f414.png
@MyPetChicken awesome!!

Captain's Log - Day 30
This morning I had 2 eggs pipped and 1 ZIPPING!!! I finally heard chirping this morning from them too!!! So, I am excitedly waiting and hoping.
When I candled at 10 or 14 days I had asked if it was possible for some of my eggs to be developing delayed the say I thought I was on; apparently it is!
lol eye eye captain! GO BABIES

I am here too! LOL and here I thought I was getting in early for May! You guys are already at 78 pages. Sheesh! Busy Bees. Ok. Anyway. I just set 36 sizzle eggs from Sheri Minkner (thank you Sooo much @country !)

I only ordered a dozen and she sent tons and tons of extras! Best purchase ever!! And they came packed immaculately. I love love love her bubble wrap sleeves! Awesome!

Anyway, several from each of her pens and I am stoked! w00T!
WELCOME OVER!!!!

My marans broody on the job. 2 weeks in and 2 to go. 10 guinea eggs. As promised (to myself), i haven't messed with them other than to check for extras every day. I'd love to candle them BUT I'M NOT GOING TO DO IT! She's been a good mama so far.
AWESOME !!!!

My broody has 1 chick. She got off the 3 remaining eggs. I placed them in the bator because they are still moving. The chick is almost a week old and I think she was tired of waiting for the others. I am going to put broody alone next time to prevent others from laying eggs in her nest at random times. Hopefuly the other 3 will hatch.

We have 10 turkey eggs going strong!

I have 41 BO eggs in the LG

and..........I brought these little things home today. I couldn't resist!!!! 2 Polish and 2 Silkies. I really wanted silkies so now I have them! I shouldn't be allowed in any feed store really.

love.gif

Not the best picture but here is my grumpy broody. I candle tomorrow night, cage her in Wednesday then sit on my hands and wait.
clap.gif

My bank is driving me crazy
barnie.gif
I really need to order my Eco 40. I just deposited my tax return today so I could. Went to order it, thought to myself 'let's check the bank account first though, make sure everything went through'. Nope! They have it pending for no reason. Made $200 of it available and the rest I apparently just don't get to use until they decide I can. I have more eggs on the way darn it! I need that incubator.
oh no!!! I hope it happens tomorrow!!

Well eggs are sorted. They forgot to put my super blue eggs in there.
1f622.png
1f62d.png
1f613.png
1f620.png
1f621.png
1f62d.png
this has been an ordeal of sorts. I did get 3 pale blue cream legbars, 3 pinkish blue laced red wyandotts, 3 blue green easter eggers (green one is busted) and 14 (supposed to pinkish purple) croads langhans. Look more orange/brown lol. But they were all in great shape. So here goes.should hatch about May 23rd. 22 eggs go in.....????? Come out
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f424.png

Back
Top Bottom