MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Well, I have a little over-acheiver. Peeping away up there and almost zipped.... and it's not May yet!

Well, I have a little over-acheiver. Peeping away up there and almost zipped.... and it's not May yet!

Don't you hate that, lol!

woot.gif

Welcome! You are going to have a busy May with chicks too!

Yes, and I can't wait! I just moved my first batch of 18 into the hatching incubator, and will put them on lockdown tonight! Looking forward to increasing my silkies, and am really hoping that my egg from my Princess silkie hatches, and is very healthy. Looking forward to reading all of the posts and enjoying the ride!

I'm in, I'm in, and I'm so Eggscited!!!! I am really looking forward to this month. My beautiful blue silkie Princess, FINALLY, gave me a couple of eggs to hatch! She is older, and some have very thin shells, but one definitely has a nice strong baby inside!!! I NEED that chick to hatch!!!

And...I have exchanged my beautiful black Ameraucana rooster, who was not doing his job, with an even more beautiful black Ameraucana rooster (he's been daddy to some amazing potential National show winners,) and I can't wait for my first babies from him!!!

I have three batches going at the moment that are a combo of silkies, and rocks, and I will be adding Ameraucana's to the incubators ASAP.

Here is what I have set so far:

18 due to hatch on May 3rd: 7 rocks, 8 blue silkies, 3 of her white silkies

More due to hatch on May 10th, including one from Princess my gorgeous prize winning older silkie!

Infertiles due May 16th. These are a test batch to confirm that my 8 year old Easter Egger rooster is truly infertile and ready to be put out to pasture ( mom likely none of these will hatch, and I will pitch after candling on the 5th.

More due to hatch on May 17 and 18th.

Thanks so much for feeding my addiction! I am just thrilled to be part of another Hatch-a-long!!!!! My very first one in April was a blast!!!!!!!
woot.gif

Good Morning!!!

tell them to sit still for just a few more hours
lau.gif

The little over-acheiver is out .. and dragging his yolk sack behind him. I turned the light out and left him to hopefully settle down somewhere and let that sack absorb and dry up.

Quote: LOL
you have many friends!! you have us!! I dont either though, I am not a talker or a shopper or anything like that believe it or not. its true
hide.gif

Quote:
clap.gif
sweet!!! good luck!

This sounds like a lot of fun! I have Guinea fowl and let them hatch their own eggs. They are producing eggs right now and I expect them to go broody and start laying on them sometime this month (May), although I can't say for sure when that will be. Can I still enter the Hatch-a-Long contests even though they haven't started laying on them yet or do I need to wait until they actually start laying on them to enter?
WELCOME!!!! how exciting I also have guiniea set, eggs are old and had yolk all over them so I wiped them down, not very hopeful but I cant keep them anyways

Just lost my job. Fortunately have 30 more days to find work as I have 2 more paychecks coming. No family anywhere near me anyhow so planning on moving. Hoping to take most of my poultry with as I have an aunt with acreage who I am hoping will bird-sit until I get back on my feet. Happy Friday
hmm.png
hugs.gif

Quote: yeppers!!

Checked my eggs tonight saw movement, movement,movement!
CONGRATS!!! cool image!

Did a candle tonight because I noticed an odor coming from the bator.
Found the culprit, also found another obvious dud and another with a crack.
I also believe 2 more might be quitters but I'll give them a few more days to be sure.
The 2 with the floating air cells are still going strong and the embryos I could see have started wiggling. I'm just hoping something hatches.
sorry on the stinker!!

HURRY Time is RUNNING OUT!

ALL April CONTESTS

END TONIGHT

AT MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME

SATURDAY 4/30/16 Midnight EST!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread CLICK HERE

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Post Thread CLICK HERE

Chick Mug Shots CLICK HERE

Selfies with Fowl CLICK HERE

Fowl drawing/painting Contest CLICK HERE

For List of Winners,