MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

My Silkie eggs I won from the April hatch a long are gonna get shipped and then I think I will just add a few more serama eggs from my best pen. The frizzle hen is laying so why not! After that I really need to sell more birds or stop hatching. And we all know I'm not gonna stop hatching
1f602.png
clap.gif

love.gif

Quote:
th.gif

Good morning everybody!!!
I'm only 150 pages behind!
gig.gif
Have I missed anything?

I just had OEGB babies hatch on Tuesday under 3 Silkie hens. I was gone and missed the whole thing.
th.gif

(One nest of eggs survived approx. 10 hours in 9 C weather not being sat on.) Amazing!

I have Louise, my sweet OEGB setting on OEGB eggs due pretty soon (forgot to mark the date)

I've got 6 guinea eggs split evenly between 2 Silkie hens that will be due May 23rd (my guinea started laying and saved herself from being sold)
yesss.gif

I've got a bunch of eggs (all fresh eggs...lol) in the incubator due on the 16th. They've survived being left open twice with no heat; once for the day and once for about 4 hours...lol
You gotta love chickens! So resilient.
love.gif

I also have eggs due the 19th, 21st and some just set on Tuesday. They were eggs that got sat on for a day when we've been away, so I put 'em in the incubator...lol!

I've got more guinea eggs and chicken eggs to incubate as soon as I get to it.
woot.gif

And that's about it.
lau.gif

My babies from last Tuesday's hatch...

awwwwwww good mommas!

Having some fun with the april batch while getting ready to set the may batch.

I present, chicks in tutus.

CUTEEEEEEEE

Quote: how cute!

COME ON EVERYONE!!
SUCH EASY CONTESTS to WIN with just a little EFFORT!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-because-of-the-brave-hal-w-hosts-mike-sally

~ Patriotic Party! ~

Red, White & Blue Recipe Contest

Enter your most patriotic Red White & Blue themed

party foods or drink recipes w/ photos.

ALL ENTRIES Must CONTAIN IMAGE/S AND RECIPE/S

4 Entries per Member, see rules below!

Prize donations by…

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place:

sVM6XijbURvvojC20hcGqbRjY4zTURbODl9v7Or4qvhDmFGWgGgxD23dLlYIUiDSfdafkC7kbClAazt6-sJk40kAzwXAfVj6lAxa3NGWWvgwxLaPmxhV9556s0uFSmkYkvQapSQv

2nd Place:

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place:

Wire Egg Display Holds 12 eggs. Dimensions: 10 1/4" long x 7 1/2" wide
0xWe17Bqvyl_QOW2U4KF8likTcpyCSk4_5PJiqBiy1wz2OHOTvGPShSeEA2uGp76mZEdVtJ7s6z7viHTxv02HYxcqoQVmyuvvv7Me6qc7bVnKKdysJD4JqFEq_50PAvQfqX1PqiA

COME ON EVERYONE!!
SUCH EASY CONTESTS to WIN with just a little EFFORT!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...use-of-the-brave-hal-w-hosts-mike-sally/0_100
~ Show your Stripes! Patriotic Poultry ~

Share your Poultry with

The flag of the United States of America

contained somewhere in the image!

QSvEBhzRXVMh3J43ArWwuEERcgEVKGaVJqcpv3-4LeWD5OIRa_DaEd4XbXT0CTrCO7FxSC-GLJsjoCaOK7B8iu5_fBBh5QnOPEDHZxuMH5-Hn-oY6oCH4jVCjQKMq1W7RZ77B-uB

By Bleepmunk

b-OxPinDtQ3RSbvyzqV4hI3f0_xauC5eZwAa4kPfSlnb7mbtdrOXhCIe1mJDuADrwV9MauPOw9AWiL_qhvQKzGL7u-UI0dNExci4PSiQg5WZRomQUk5RpT1AXlpMIVZA2oAGKtqa

By Sally Sunshine

Prize donations by…

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place:

Customers using Seabuck 7 backyard chicken feed additive report health benefits for their chickens AND improvements in the quality, size, and number of eggs produced! This 99.9% natural blend is a complete source of Omega 3, 6, 9 and rare Omega 7. Using Seabuck as a nutritional supplement can improve the condition of your flock's feathers, skin, waddles, and combs, thus increasing your flock's health and resistance to illness.
hOZ4ASTBD5Tfk4lNJ5aV3mdBXXZzFc84YAKqB8AxPEOxJSYqt2iEajbBURzJSrnUFUUkDypcdyaAtAEW-s2SsGCWy_qlupOWIBflJYO4ZTG7j3KoIEJw7I40bgsc-ptEZQZqUHPP

2nd Place:

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place:

The proprietor at Sweet Olive Soap Works, based out of New Orleans, Louisiana, uses eggs from her own backyard hens in this special formulation. It's wonderfully smooth and moisturizing, with a mild pink grapefruit scent.
LsY9ca0VX6V8c8H8_P3FEGQQtPib-B4ESZtm2sQRlJ0h14zDM8nR8szp2L4vFmD26_tL-0A5L0luKb6JCunu07kvw1BXEqfB2Za7OouwQlMjbabzXSU5ddPjVPWEZPOtokvtUnz-

Thanks @Jessimom , @LocalYokel , @Sally Sunshine for the kind words! Lots of eggs coming your way! My kids and hub are in PA right now and I'm having trouble keeping up with all the eggs! Trying to build a night roost for 4 pet peabirds so they'll be safe. They are not in the aviary with the rest of the peafowl, nor are they wild on the ranch like another bunch of peafowl.

Hatched three more porcelain d'Uccle chicks for Tobin. It's slow going from shipped eggs. We are only up to six.

My LG dog says there's a snake in my truck..... She is very mad and snarling and looking under my truck and circling it..... I can't see anything so whatever it is might have crawled up into the undercarriage.
idunno.gif

Thanks @Jessimom , @LocalYokel , @Sally Sunshine for the kind words! Lots of eggs coming your way! My kids and hub are in PA right now and I'm having trouble keeping up with all the eggs! Trying to build a night roost for 4 pet peabirds so they'll be safe. They are not in the aviary with the rest of the peafowl, nor are they wild on the ranch like another bunch of peafowl.

Hatched three more porcelain d'Uccle chicks for Tobin. It's slow going from shipped eggs. We are only up to six.

LOVE the color!!!
My LG dog says there's a snake in my truck..... She is very mad and snarling and looking under my truck and circling it..... I can't see anything so whatever it is might have crawled up into the undercarriage.
idunno.gif
gross I hate freaking snakes.... keep safe

idunno.gif
I'd go with what the dog is telling you and torch the truck
lol.png
than again I despise snakes for the creepy slithering things that they are.

I'd go with what the dog is telling you and torch the truck
lol.png
than again I despise snakes for the creepy slithering things that they are.
gig.gif
Pretty soon here, I'm going to give him a free ride up the mountain when I go to the post office to mail eggs. I shot a snake once that was in the frame of a truck.... but I could see his head.

And of course the majority of our snakes are rattlesnakes....

Back
Top Bottom