MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Congrats!  Looks like a full house to me!

Okay time for another Blooie stoopid question.  I tried to use the exact thermometer you show here - the litter yeller 'un with the wire.  Is there are trick for getting the probe inside the incubator without it keeping the lid from closing completely?  Accurate as all get out but if I can't get in the incubator without it holding the lid up just a little bit it does me no good. 

Oh, and hey, you wild food eaters...talk to me after you've eaten haggis.    Yeah, not exactly an American food group, but I eat it once a year.  :sick

I just kind of slide it up under the lid. The lid compresses the wire enough that it's pretty much closed, the lid is definitely overlapping the base, so no heat is lost.

I have babies :weee

That was the first one out. Have a second one now too.

I had a hen go broody and got some fertile eggs for shiggles well they are due to hatch this upcoming weekend. She did indeed sit the whole cycle. Now I'm worried on what to do and have a silly question. Should I be concerned she will be so busy sitting that if they try to pip she will suffocate them? I'm sorry to waste your time but if you could answer with some tips on day 21 with a broody I will feel better.

I have hatched a few times before she would know when to expect hen she won't suffocate them and there is nothing to worry about unless she pecks them and hurts them I would try your best to keep an eye on her

Only hatched one isabell lost 2 to the incubator issue on day 19.

One still in the bator not doing to well its an Ayam. The poor little brown leghorn didnt survive.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom