MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Warning photo and cuteness overload.

One week candle. Pulled out 37 clears. Left with 96 eggs. There were another two that I couldn't tell for sure the green color was a tad but dark so I couldn't tell for sure but I think they were clear also.

My oldest daughter found another turkey egg, so I set it right away so hopefully the 2 turkey eggs both hatch! Dad is a burbon red, hens are burbon red or Royal Palm.

When I had less than 4 days between lock downs, I locked them all down together, and they all hatched. From what I have learned it doesn't hurt to lock down an egg at day 15 together with the day 16, day 17 and day 18 chicks. I don't think I'd go any earlier than that.

How many did you set and how many days apart?

Good luck with all of them!!!

@Jessimom I have 1 EE due 5/23, 1 EE due 5/24 3 turkey eggs due 5/26 and 1 EE due 5/27.

Last edited:

What color are these? Are they blue, light blue, or splash? Very cute!
One week candle. Pulled out 37 clears. Left with 96 eggs. There were another two that I couldn't tell for sure the green color was a tad but dark so I couldn't tell for sure but I think they were clear also.

Wow, so you still have a nice bunch of eggs! I hate it when it is hard to see in the green ones!

Counting down until lockdown ( i had thought wed but hatchabatch says Thur a.m.??) Hatch of a few runner ducks and hopefully 1 turkey due on Sat 14th.. Of course I won't be home to watch, will be away at graduation... that might be a good thing then I am not tempted to mess with them.
Following week am due for a friends and my chickens to hatch.. I had wanted to keep her and my eggs seperate but think I may have mixed a few up She gave me six silky eggs to hatch thsoe are easy enough to tell apart. ... Then after that I have some chicken eggs from Proverbs31mama and then some odds and ends of my EE eggs and 3 turkey eggs from my friend.
Good Luck!

They are awfully cute!
Did you expect that many clears?

My oldest daughter found another turkey egg, so I set it right away so hopefully the 2 turkey eggs both hatch! Dad is a burbon red, hens are burbon red or Royal Palm.
Good luck!

AAAAGGGGGHHHH! I dropped one of my broody eggs just days before it should hatch!! CRAP CRAP CRAP!
Oh no, sorry to hear that.

11 quail chicks out! My one greenish egg is currently zipping! 38 more to go xD
Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom