MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Ohhhhhhh no!!! We are not "from"!!!!! We live in Pennsylvania!
somad.gif
hide.gif

@Sally Sunshine I guess I'll have to break out my good camera for all these photo contests you have... Hoping my camera software is still downloaded on my computer lol.

Edit: as far as my hatch currently, at 7/8 out. #8 is pipped and working on elongating that pip as I left for work.
wee.gif

Last edited:
So started with 44 eggs after clears and quitters 30 went into lockdown. 20 hatched. 3 looked like DIS first day in lockdown. But the others.... stuck to the membrane could not turn to zip. Some did pip others died before pipping. Lost 1 after hatching so i had a 45 % hatch rate if you count what I started with. 66% if you count just what went to lockdown. I think it would have gone better if my daughter had not been opening the bator to get out the empty shells and rearrange the pipped eggs so they could see them better. THEN replaced too much water and got everything in there soaked. Oh well lesson learned i bet she never touches my incubatir again. She feels so bad. She said im so sorry i killed 11 chicks.
Sorry to hear about your hatch! But Congrats on the ones that made it!!
I bet your DD will just look from now on

Well day 9 of my croads langshans and the scrambled MPC order. 8 MPC batch no good. 14 croads....1 clear. 9 quitters all had big blood rings didnt look like the got past day 3. I have 4 eggs left in there. All lonely and stuff. 2 air cells are really wobbly. 2 look good.

These are no good
fl.gif
for the 4

Egg update for me
sad.png

Day 14 and I have removed 10/18 eggs that were clear. Only 8 left in there cooking away.
Pretty dissapointed about this hatch, can't wait to be using my own eggs again.
hugs.gif

I have a broody grey andilusion (spelling? I butcher words but not my chickens lol) i noticed she was broody for 3 days hissing (chicken equivilant) as i would get eggs from under her. Quick craigslist search found a dozen eggs. Set up a crate set the eggs in a box and put food and water. Had a small struggle locked her up and said a prayer lol. 2 days on the eggs. Eggs were laid sat. I put her on them sunday night. Im not sure when they will hatch. She has a dozen that i bought fertle but didnt check. And two she had hoarded and refused to leave behind. I cant seem to post pictures. I am so excited!

Good Luck!!
I finally just set 12 Ayam Cemani eggs (shipped) and 19 SLP eggs (personal). I set them yesterday so on my daughters 4th birthday is their due date!
wink.png
Woohoo!!

Zillion? Didn't think we were that chatty.
hide.gif
LOL!!

The vet was just guessing, but it's definitely not broken. She thinks maybe it is a torn tendon? She wanted to immobilize it as the chick seems to be in less pain when it is drawn up near her body and stable.

awww poor chickie

Good morning all! Cute photos!!! Heatherfeather - do they think the chick's leg will get better?

Neither my hatch or the hatch I was doing for Gotro17 did very well. We have a lot of unhatched eggs. I stopped at my house last night for a quick check on the eggs and I helped a Lav Orp that was stuck, finish zipping. I was told it looks good today. That was the last chick to hatch. I won't be home again until tomorrow, so I'll eggtopsy everything then.

These were all shipped eggs. Half the eggs started in a Brinsea, the other half in a Hovabator. The Brinsea eggs did MUCH better than the Hovabator. I'll have to do a full tally once I get home.

Happy Hatching everyone!!

Good morning all! Cute photos!!! Heatherfeather - do they think the chick's leg will get better?

Neither my hatch or the hatch I was doing for Gotro17 did very well. We have a lot of unhatched eggs. I stopped at my house last night for a quick check on the eggs and I helped a Lav Orp that was stuck, finish zipping. I was told it looks good today. That was the last chick to hatch. I won't be home again until tomorrow, so I'll eggtopsy everything then.

These were all shipped eggs. Half the eggs started in a Brinsea, the other half in a Hovabator. The Brinsea eggs did MUCH better than the Hovabator. I'll have to do a full tally once I get home.

Sorry the hatches didn't go very well.

Sorry to hear they didn't go well. They started off with such promise. Any idea what went wrong before eggtopsys?

Back
Top Bottom