MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

My Bielefelder eggs arrived! One seems to have a rolling air cell & one has a tiny hairline crack, but the others are all ok. Should I do anything with the cracked one? I think I read before about people painting them with nail polish? That one will be going in the incubator anyway I think.

I am planning to put 6 in the incubator & 6 under the broody hen tomorrow.

I hatched a few of these for someone, kept a little girl. I hear they are great all around birds..do you have some of your own now?

LL

Nice big set up. :)

woot.gif

#8 was out and about when I got home.... 100% hatch from lockdown!! (66% from start of incubation..) The broody currently has 4 of the babies under her... Gonna try and slip some more under her after dark tonight. She's being such a good mommy to the first 4... So cute!

I posted this in the emergency section but I thought I'd add it here incase some of you might know what to do.

One of our 4 week old serama chicks isn't walking. This has been going on for about 5 days now. She is the only one that acts like this. I figured she had botulism because I examined their chick starter and it had mold growth in it. I also found some bright green poop in the bedding. I cleaned out the brooder and got new feed. She eats and drinks well and walks to the food and water when I refill them. She is unstable and shakes.
I feed her boiled egg every morning and they get medicated chick starter during the day. I have tried dissolving vitamin b12 tablets in the water. I also tried vitamin electrolyte mix that has riboflavin. She isn't worse, but she isn't better. Will she ever walk again? Should I do therapy with her? If so, how do I do that?
I have been handling her a lot keeping her away from the others. I noticed that I haven't seen her poop.
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Well my first set of littles went out with the big girls today. Ive been putting them in a crate with them for over a week today we bit the bullet and they have all done great all day! Going the coop tonight was alot of fun though they weren't ready for bed... just like kids!

They've got a swing and a tree and a playhouse and all kinda good stuff. I wanna be your chicken! That's nice!

Well i been playing with my babies again and i am a picture taking fool! Ready????????

For the fourth of July lol

Can you say "laid back?"

For Memorial Day

My little dinkiest Ayam. Been giving electrolytes with a dropper. Perking up a bit.

I even did some with a christmas theme one when do sumit for the calendar for 2017 lol

Look at that face uou can almost read his wittle mind!

Lol okay who tangled up these christmas lighs?

Back
Top Bottom