MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Well my first set of littles went out with the big girls today. Ive been putting them in a crate with them for over a week today we bit the bullet and they have all done great all day! Going the coop tonight was alot of fun though they weren't ready for bed... just like kids!

Looks awesome! And what pipe is that curved like that? Saw someone else with a similar design but it was almost more. bowl thing at the end. I can't find one like either of those. Unless it would wor? I was worried with the 90 degree one that the food would just fall/flow out of the end of it. Wanting one for grit and oyster shell but also maybe food. What angle is it and the type of pipe and where did you get it???? Thanks.

It just pvc pipe that i bought at the hardware store. I used 4 inch pipe with the elbow joint at the bottom and got endcaps for the top.works great i fill it from outside

It just pvc pipe that i bought at the hardware store. I used 4 inch pipe with the elbow joint at the bottom and got endcaps for the top.works great i fill it from outside

Thanks for the info!! So is there something else between the pipe and the elbow or you just put the elbow straight on the pipe? And is it 90 degrees or something different? Sorry for all the questions, it's just it looked to me like 90 degree street elbow would angle kinda straight out rather than up like that and thus spill but i am sure i probably either grabbed the wrong thing or am picturing it all wrong. Thanks.

I think it might be 2 45's not real sure i went in sat in tbe floor and pkayed with it until it looked right for what i wanted i know the sales man thought i was kind of nuts, not knowing what i wanted. Lol.

They sure are quick to make messes with the water! Not even a day old yet and I can hear them throwing a party in it still.

I hatched a few of these for someone, kept a little girl. I hear they are great all around birds..do you have some of your own now?

No, these will be my first. I am hoping to get 2 girls to keep though. I wanted sex-linked chicks & the Bielefelders sound nice. I like Orpingtons & the Bielefelders seem to be similar in personality, from what people say. What is your hen like? Is it easy to tell the pullet chicks from the cockerels?

Right now I have 6 hens (2 Wyandottes, 1 Pita Pinta, 3 bantam Orpingtons) & 5 little Orpington cockerels. Trying to find homes for the little boys to make some room for the new babies!

Quote: Eeeek!!! I actually DO have another I made...
gig.gif
It's a gargantuan thing.
If I EVER get to find out how many eggs it will hold, I'm pretty certain a divorce will be imminent.
bun.gif

But this incubator still needs a bit of this....

AND this.....

I haven't "quite" got everything perfected just yet...lol. I also loved it as a hatcher so I'm undecided which direction I'm going...lol.
BUUT I just bought another thermostat today to build another styro bator, same as my first.
(Insert evil laugh)
wink.png

celebrate.gif

Quote:
highfive.gif
X 2 000 000
woot.gif

Quote:
woot.gif

I use different colored markers for each different hatch. (It's like being a kid again!)
big_smile.png

I also put the eggs going into lockdown in a tray/trays in the incubator. It's mostly to contain the mess
sickbyc.gif
...but also to visually keep me from turning those eggs.
I know I'll forget and turn them. I really do...
Because I've done it before.
th.gif

(darn it!)
Hope this can help or give ideas.
highfive.gif

My sticky chick made it so far! Super happy with my hatch-rate on those isbar eggs, though only 1 of the Marsh Daisy hatched.

Is it weird that I pictured a chick in a super hero costume like superman? With the S standing for STICKY CHICK!!!
(I may be lacking sleep here)
gig.gif

I'm glad your chick has made it to this point.
thumbsup.gif

(Since I'm still up, I wanted to be the first one to wish everyone a good day!!)
frow.gif

woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom