MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

sorry to latch on to this one, but I use a drain catch for my feeders

What is a drain catch? We have all the components to make these and they are glued together. The hardest part was finding the caps. I want something rodent proof and something that could be cleaned. Since it is glued, I'm not sure how to clean it. How do you guys clean these? It is rainy here and stuff molds.

@Cynthia12 ! I haven't seen you in a while. It is probably me that has been MIA. I want to show you what you started!

Remember the picture you showed in a Hatch-along somewhere along the way of the silver Ameraucanas???

Well....

6 Week old Cockerel and pullet from hatching eggs

Part of 17- 2 and 3 week olds Silver and Silver Blue from 2 different breeders

AND

1 Week olds from John Blehm

When DH realizes we have a herd of silver AM's is it ok to say, "Cynthia 12 made me do it?"

I am easily influenced when it comes to pretty chickens!

Here is the cream legbar brother basket now at 4 weeks old. The darkest one is hangin out on the left side.

Here they were april 18th.

My 2 turkey eggs get candled on saturday. And we are going to set some cream legbars/ marans/ possible olive eggers to keep them company.

@Cynthia12 ! I haven't seen you in a while. It is probably me that has been MIA. I want to show you what you started!

Remember the picture you showed in a Hatch-along somewhere along the way of the silver Ameraucanas???

Well....

6 Week old Cockerel and pullet from hatching eggs

Part of 17- 2 and 3 week olds Silver and Silver Blue from 2 different breeders

AND

1 Week olds from John Blehm

When DH realizes we have a herd of silver AM's is it ok to say, "Cynthia 12 made me do it?"

I am easily influenced when it comes to pretty chickens!

Yes, Blame it all on me.
lol.png
I'm used to being called an..ahem...enabler. I am one of the best on the job of enabling. Those babies are darling! Man, can't wait to see them grown. Going to be beauties!

I know there are a lot of people hatching ducks (Yippie); I too have 24 more due in 3 weeks. BUT, I have a question about a 10 day duckling I was hoping someone who had ducks could help me. (I thought this might be good to try here in case anyone else has seen this; I did post in The Duck Thread too).

I have an actual UGLY DUCKLING. (the one on the left)
This duckling is 10 days old. She is the one that had the cord wrapped around her tightly when she hatched. Were the cord was there were no "feathers". And now, 10 days later, she REALLY has no feathers/down/fuzz/covering. She is almost bald below her neck. I am keeping her warm and she doesn't go swimming. She is a little "wet" in these photos because she is still a duck and acts like a duck; she managed to sneak past us. She is eating and drinking normal. The other duckling ars not picking on her; they are actually all very docile and bonded.

Is this normal? Has anyone seen this with other ducks. The other ducks have thick fluff and are not losing it or looking this turkey like when wet.. We are going to wait and see if she eventually feathers out like normal during the next 6 weeks. I just wanted to see if there was anything special I could do for her. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of people hatching ducks (Yippie); I too have 24 more due in 3 weeks. BUT, I have a question about a 10 day duckling I was hoping someone who had ducks could help me. (I was going to start a thread on this too but I thought this might be good to try here in case anyone else has seen this). I have an actual UGLY DUCKLING. (the one on the left) This duckling is 10 days old. She is the one that had the cord wrapped around her tightly when she hatched. Were the cord was there were no "feathers". And now, 10 days later, she REALLY has no feathers/down/fuzz/covering. She is almost bald below her neck. I am keeping her warm and she doesn't go swimming. She is a little "wet" in these photos because she is still a duck and acts like a duck; she managed to sneak past us. She is eating and drinking normal. The other duckling ars not picking on her; they are actually all very docile and bonded. Is this normal? Has anyone seen this with other ducks. The other ducks have thick fluff and are not losing it or looking this turkey like when wet.. We are going to wait and see if she eventually feathers out like normal during the next 6 weeks. I just wanted to see if there was anything special I could do for her. Any thoughts?
holy canoli! That duckling is NAKED!

Back
Top Bottom