MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Me too Mike, here she is finally in the brooder. Walking, well actually running across the bator at times, so in she went with these two..who are scared to death of her. I put them there for a photo, but they took off to the other side when I was done. Funny how they are usually afraid of new comers at first. This baby keeps calling to them, but they are staying away for now. Hopefully by tonight they will get brave.
lol.png

The color makes me think girl. Because mom is a Sex Link. So, with the color being a buff and not white, that is promising..plus those wing feathers are long on the tip. Funny thing..no green in the legs but the comb is a pea comb!
big_smile.png

Is this the loner chick? And is that a blue Naked neck? They are all adorable!
love.gif

The flock so far.
All are from the mixed breed eggs except one which was supposed to be pure bred silver spangled hamburg. But the only one that fits the bill on color has feathered feet. Wish I'd seen that one hatch.
One buff orpington hatched as well and is still in the bator, 4 other breeder eggs pipped and the rest are doing nada.
92% success with the mixed eggs though!

Got home tonight to a pip on one of my duck eggs
jumpy.gif
woot.gif

The flock so far.
All are from the mixed breed eggs except one which was supposed to be pure bred silver spangled hamburg. But the only one that fits the bill on color has feathered feet. Wish I'd seen that one hatch.
One buff orpington hatched as well and is still in the bator, 4 other breeder eggs pipped and the rest are doing nada.
Great hatch! Congratulations!

My little lonely baby is hatched! Still in the bator drying off. It's buff, with an EE comb. Dad was an OE, mom is a RSL. No green legs, but that's funny that the comb is different in a baby that will probably look more sex link. It's coloring isn't as dark as the mom..mom is red. This is going to be a pretty buff color. Will get photos when..she.. dries up.
yesss.gif

Sizzle ,frizzle, or smooth? Any guesses yet

CUTE thats whut!!!

In sad news when i got home last night my tiny ayam had passed it just couldnt get strong enough to make it
awww poor thing!

Me too Mike, here she is finally in the brooder. Walking, well actually running across the bator at times, so in she went with these two..who are scared to death of her. I put them there for a photo, but they took off to the other side when I was done. Funny how they are usually afraid of new comers at first. This baby keeps calling to them, but they are staying away for now. Hopefully by tonight they will get brave.
lol.png

The color makes me think girl. Because mom is a Sex Link. So, with the color being a buff and not white, that is promising..plus those wing feathers are long on the tip. Funny thing..no green in the legs but the comb is a pea comb!
big_smile.png

YES!!!!! congrats!!

Got home tonight to a pip on one of my duck eggs
jumpy.gif
go duckie!!

The flock so far.
Cant complain about that!! great job!!! congrats!

I'm very relieved to know I'm not the only one standing in the coop waiting for an egg...
highfive.gif

And one does learn a lot I find...while standing there. The intricacies of chicken behavior.
gig.gif

Quote:
You are very welcome! I couldn't figure it out AT ALL when I first came here.
I was clicking muli....multi....multi....and I was like "where's ma quotes???"
Ohhhh boy.
gig.gif

LL

Ha..a Chicken named Cynthia! I will have to name one Wicked now. Shouldn't be too hard as those little stinkers do come along every now and again.
tongue.png
I should get a photo of my girl. I call her smudge because she looks like she has .. smudge on her..chocolate? She's getting quite pretty. Kind of a brown lacing. She has black spots here and there. Your girl is getting really pretty too..almost like a splash!
idunno.gif
I think about what you said when I see her out and about...so what better name to name her, right?
big_smile.png

You're girl sounds really pretty! If you haven't already (I AM waaayyy behind again...lol) I would love
love.gif
to see a pic!
My girl looks white in the pic, but she's actually a bluish type white. I like it. Her mom is the plain white with markings.

Quote: Thank you jwl.
wee.gif

Everything in the pic is from my Feb 15 hatch. It's funny how they stay in their groups...lol.
I'm still trying to figure out the pretty black in the front; both what it is and what sex it is.
I "thought" I knew until the comb grew in.
hmm.png

(Pullet, pullet, pullet, pullet!!!
fl.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom