MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

~ Shouldered Poultry Photo Contest ~

Post images of your favorite fowl on your shoulder and

tell us why they are your favorite!

paL2dC24HjT0vlDuO8UnuTWy6_x2PZyZKfWM1ATGmQZ3_k25As0M6hNUUPT05md6pS2xulIYatBtH5qSoZy4DyDwOkCtuxQdZ4SJGEpEDe1UlG4Q1ijsD6-xGsi3ynxFtO21kwzS

By DarkWater1929

Prize donations by…

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place:

Dimensions: 14"X 8"

3oSNd8B2xFoR_SkL1RHdgVA3969022B_mbhoeUGPaHUdSmlYypodsthlCFyvaJQFMkzZIGEpexlNDLdQguDOqWiIy_GfBrHrdlo8qnaQ9QdkAulrLcGIiwI6wgfqBLqrKn-rcW4Y

2nd Place:

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place:

Seed kit Contains: Broccoli Waltham, Purple Top Turnip, Bracco White Mustard, Forage Kale, Ladino Clover.
kLLV9uVJpks8ZC6-tx64N_gpslu5W1X3wuiX832GSc4iBQHEU6DtbVuXkm502KD2ziH_BUnWc23JCFdLnO6XdeGhRXbE7Zp4RmBjJkxv2V1xUoMyPEm5VmApsmLnmB3rlB63rQoT

~ Natural Eggs & Flowers Photo Contest ~

Enter your NATURAL whole EGGS in any type of

BEAUTIFUL Setting AND make sure it INCLUDES FLOWERS!

Prize donations by…

GK2lDU1VYZ6MU5-apjontnCfMDZiSkyNlqHX0O2RVB9kH2bT-UUz575-zh9O8op7ljWOLuN5RuAj6ojk6lpekhZ0e0TvO6uW9YbUKcUMzQ2hEusyLfiJLLY2hZ7inygmsFidqKIL

1st Place:

Description: My Pet Chicken Experts, "how-to" chicken book!

unb-9QBQVz0LDCe1vlsSCEwYMYuc6zyEUr2saembdzOHqiDcKgQ89tHUAjJ6nH_ivtWl3CRtSyc4jtwpp-gWsga-uDlwUbifukbyuBTIQoVxaXh6eJk8MeUesi77uEAbyGflf8WV

2nd Place:

Description: What is Coops for Troops?

The proceeds for TeamPokey Coffee are earmarked for Coops for Troops, which provides therapy chickens, a coop, and a starter pack of supplies to veterans and military families who may be struggling with isolation, depression, anxiety or PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. We thank you for your support of Pokey and your support of our military men and women and their families who have served this great country of ours! Does the coffee make the grade?
Well, we love it! Team Pokey Coffee is well balanced and aromatic with just a hint of chocolate tones. It's a medium roast--not too dark, and not too light, perfect to enjoy any time of the day. And each sip you take will be all the sweeter, knowing you've supported this worthwhile cause.
Cj_gYSlLK-C3AO2SenJsJ8PJAzAHSvD6EOfvpmzNQifdIJUyLBa9sZ6ryW65gg-TAUr86Y_upYP6wlInMxnSHrYvEqDT3ZuEPcgCs_cN_XrOsmCqwBPLwegQL8JzrMopVSiTBHBn

3rd Place:

Description:

This treat ball offers a fun and healthy way to treat your pet chickens. It gives your chickens a challenge and helps to prevents boredom (and boredom can often lead to picking). It's perfect for feeding pieces of cabbage, kale and other fresh greens and fruits.
uzmWjLnb6_QWDQEpHjkelc56arhCtmMeWmmT9eOIw5KA7VC-DjCZnfcThOeS-saWSoxKJWRBGAl8Zqd9neaxMeqfoIhhkmC9WyLWg_SAKDwPX3I9HOk8jK7N4Pcr-dOJr31rm6Wq

The flock so far.
All are from the mixed breed eggs except one which was supposed to be pure bred silver spangled hamburg. But the only one that fits the bill on color has feathered feet. Wish I'd seen that one hatch.
One buff orpington hatched as well and is still in the bator, 4 other breeder eggs pipped and the rest are doing nada.
92% success with the mixed eggs though!

I have heard that mixed breed chicks are usually quite strong & healthy, right? Hybrid vigor! Congrats on your good hatch!

The flock so far. All are from the mixed breed eggs except one which was supposed to be pure bred silver spangled hamburg. But the only one that fits the bill on color has feathered feet. Wish I'd seen that one hatch. One buff orpington hatched as well and is still in the bator, 4 other breeder eggs pipped and the rest are doing nada. 92% success with the mixed eggs though!
oh they are cute I love thr little brown one with the yellow top knot that's different! Congrats!!!
1f917.png

End of day, had 3.5 more hatch. 2 marans, an olive Egger and the .5 is a lavender orp that was shrink wrapping and had not progressed after 30 hours. Looks like it's yolk hasn't absorbed yet though so it's sitting in the egg rather listless. I gave it some acv, garlic and honey water to give it a little boost but I don't think it was meant to be. One more egg is piped and 2 appear dis. So out of 18 breeder eggs I currently have 5.5 chicks. So 30% hatch rate. 33% if the ameracauna and lav orp make it. Not horrible but it could have been better since they weren't shipped.

Is this the loner chick? And is that a blue Naked neck? They are all adorable!
love.gif

Yes, my lonely egg made it..and those two were afraid of her. And yes Mike, they warmed up to her..and now, I have the light off, which I do at night, and cover them with that towel. They are all huddled up together, nice and warm. Just checked to make sure the baby was warm enough,...toasty. :) It probably thinks it's under a mama. :) Will turn the light on in the morning and uncover them. They are all quiet through the night this way.
It rained...again today, and tonight, oh my, quite the thunderstorm! When it warms up again, these guys can go out. Waiting for the 70's and low 80's.

mymilliefleur..that is a Show Girl..looks to be smooth. Will be small. :) And, thank you!

I see your user name and wonder if you are into millies pretty big. I have a couple of pullets out there that I am wondering about. Bought some banties, wasn't sure what they were, but love anything with feathered feet. If I take photos..can you tell me if they are bantam millies? The older one looks to be a porcelain. One is pure white.

Last edited:
@Wickedchicken6 I took photos today. She doesn't have much black on her now..what happened? She has some pretty markings though. Some brownish and orangish..lol..markings..thus the name Smudge. :)
Dad was a beautiful and sweet RIR, mom was the Leghorn....

Little bit of black in there. She had one tail feather that was black. Wonder where it went..lol..
idunno.gif

Hoping for eggs by next month. :)

End of day, had 3.5 more hatch. 2 marans, an olive Egger and the .5 is a lavender orp that was shrink wrapping and had not progressed after 30 hours. Looks like it's yolk hasn't absorbed yet though so it's sitting in the egg rather listless. I gave it some acv, garlic and honey water to give it a little boost but I don't think it was meant to be. One more egg is piped and 2 appear dis. So out of 18 breeder eggs I currently have 5.5 chicks. So 30% hatch rate. 33% if the ameracauna and lav orp make it. Not horrible but it could have been better since they weren't shipped.
Congrats. on the chicks

Back
Top Bottom