MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Day 13.5 candling done. 9 moving and looking good , 2 may have been napping and 7 are nada, quitters and a blood ring. One more week to go! Come on Giant babies!!

I forgot to mention, on 5/19, in my NEW, SECOND Brinsea incubator (chicken math has taken control!), I set 14 more CCL's and 14 BBCM's, all from Chicken Fanatics. (Well, technically I have 25 in that one and put the remaining 2 in the old one) It wouldn't be quite so bad if the rest of the chicks from the last hatch would sell!

I picked up my hatching eggs at post office this morning! Can't wait to get them in incubator.

Problem is.... I ordered 6.... They sent me 12! My incubator only holds 7. What to do!?!?

I can fit 9 in without the auto turner, so could hand turn the first few days in hopes only 7 turn out fertile?!? Thoughts? (I have the brinsea mini advance.)

I picked up my hatching eggs at post office this morning! Can't wait to get them in incubator.

Problem is.... I ordered 6.... They sent me 12! My incubator only holds 7. What to do!?!?

I can fit 9 in without the auto turner, so could hand turn the first few days in hopes only 7 turn out fertile?!? Thoughts? (I have the brinsea mini advance.)
Pick the ones with the best air cells after letting them rest.

I just got a batch of guinea eggs from a friend into the 'bator, but I'm pretty sure they were refrigerated for a few days. We shall wait and see what develops.
idunno.gif

I am on day 9, just candled & tossed 2 more eggs. One of them was scrambled; the other was a quitter; I think it was a blood ring. The last 2 eggs I could see movement, so hopefully they will make it the rest of the time! Really hoping for a couple of pullets to replace my 2 hens that died recently.

We are on the same day..at least for one set of mine..I have some on day 10. Good luck to you!

I officially ended my first hatch, I started out with 18 eggs and I got 12 chicks. I had one blood ring, one I damaged while adjusting the metal bars on my Brinsea Octagon, one that zipped but never progressed past that and three that never pipped (they could have actually been clears/blood rings they were Marans and Marans cross Olive Eggers, difficult to candle and I couldn't make myself toss them until I gave them a chance). Five Black Copper Marans, five Olive Eggers, and two Orp/Marans crosses hatched out, adorable little fuzzballs!

Carrie

Hey, that's a pretty good hatch! Congratulations! Nice babies too..I love the OE's!

Cynthia, is this what you mean by "paddle walk"? Oh, you may want to turn down your volume before you watch - the kitchen exhaust fan was on and it's in the wall next to the counter where I had him to video him.

0.jpg

Ha ha..sooo cute! Yes! That's the paddle walk. Is it up walking today? Some just take time to get up and about off their little butt.

Back
Top Bottom