MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Quote: Yes.

Don't think I posted a update here. Picked up some eggs sat to replace the ones I fried. 8 EE, and 3 dzn mixed color giant cochin. turner only holds 41 so total set was the 8 EE and 33 of the giant cochin. Broody is still sitting tight. Unfortunately she cracked 2 of the eggs she was on so that only leaves 2. One of the ones she cracked looked pretty close to hatch but I didn't catch it soon enough. Should be sometime soon but I forget when she started sitting.
Very nice, good luck!
fl.gif

Candled saturday night for day 7 and these were the results.

Day 7 candling results are as follows:
2 Bloodrings (1 CCL, 1 Sapphire)
4 Clears (1 Brahma, 1 OE, 1 Sapphire and 1 Red Leghorn/CCL)
1 Srambled with detached aircell (OE)
So started with 56 and down to 49 developing.
That's pretty good!

Quote: Oh...
gig.gif

(Not the answer I was expecting...lol!!)

I haven't sold any either. Still working up to it. I plan to sell. Soon hopefully...when I finally decide to put an ad up...
gig.gif

I hope there's a really good demand where you are.
I hope there's a really good demand where I am...lol!!
fl.gif

I bought these last year...and I'm pretty frugal? Careful? Crazy?
Maybe just all of the above.
celebrate.gif

My first go round sold within 1 hr of posting 2 months ago. Last months hatch I have sold 3 out of I think 25 or 26. They are 3 weeks old now just depends on the timing. Also depends on what they are. Mine are mixed layers so that makes a difference.
I'm hoping they sell quickly.

Yes.

Very nice, good luck!
fl.gif

That's pretty good!
Not to shabby for shipped eggs.

Oh...
gig.gif

(Not the answer I was expecting...lol!!)

I haven't sold any either. Still working up to it. I plan to sell. Soon hopefully...when I finally decide to put an ad up...
gig.gif

I hope there's a really good demand where you are.
I hope there's a really good demand where I am...lol!!
fl.gif

I bought these last year...and I'm pretty frugal? Careful? Crazy?
Maybe just all of the above.
celebrate.gif
Thanks. I hope there's a good demand for them when I sell them as well. And for you when/ if you sell.

All ten of my broody's eggs are empty!
celebrate.gif
That means, only one didn't survive hatching, and that was mostly due to the hen's curiosity. Gotta love a broody with a 90% hatch rate. Whether or not she'll be able to take care of them all is something I'll find out in a day or two. For now, I'm just happy they hatched.

celebrate.gif
That means, only one didn't survive hatching, and that was mostly due to the hen's curiosity. Gotta love a broody with a 90% hatch rate. Whether or not she'll be able to take care of them all is something I'll find out in a day or two. For now, I'm just happy they hatched.
woot.gif

celebrate.gif

Congratulations!

Quote: Yes.

Don't think I posted a update here. Picked up some eggs sat to replace the ones I fried. 8 EE, and 3 dzn mixed color giant cochin. turner only holds 41 so total set was the 8 EE and 33 of the giant cochin. Broody is still sitting tight. Unfortunately she cracked 2 of the eggs she was on so that only leaves 2. One of the ones she cracked looked pretty close to hatch but I didn't catch it soon enough. Should be sometime soon but I forget when she started sitting.
Very nice, good luck!
fl.gif

Candled saturday night for day 7 and these were the results.

Day 7 candling results are as follows:
2 Bloodrings (1 CCL, 1 Sapphire)
4 Clears (1 Brahma, 1 OE, 1 Sapphire and 1 Red Leghorn/CCL)
1 Srambled with detached aircell (OE)
So started with 56 and down to 49 developing.
That's pretty good!
Out of 12 eggs on day 14, 5 questionable, probably clear, left in;7 showing veins, movement in most. Air cells growing...probably not enough...not surprising, given fluctuating RH from day 1

Back
Top Bottom