MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Mike may have different advice but once they dry out and fluff I would recommend some of the electrolyte mix below.

fl.gif
Hope so.
Thank you both!

[COLOR=4B0082]Cutie, fluffy chicks!!  I love the black one! :love [/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]If you wish to take the picture that isn't yours, out...look at the bottom left corner of your message.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]There's two small icons; one with a pencil and one with a red flag.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Click on the pencil and it allows you to edit your post.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]To take the picture out, click on the picture that's not yours to highlight it.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Press the backspace or delete button. I use the backspace.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]That should delete the picture from your post.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]There is a preview and submit button at the bottom right hand corner of the window.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]To view changes, click the preview button.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]To save the changes, click on the submit button at the right, bottom corner of the post[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]You can edit your post for a certain amount of time, although I don't know how long that is. :idunno [/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Maybe someone else knows exactly how long.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]I still have an edit button on posts from a few months ago.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082](I'm still trying to figure out stuff on here.[/COLOR] :gig

Deleted the incorrect picture. Thanks. This is the one I meant to put up of my 2 bantams!

This one hatched on Friday 5/20. I didn't think it was going to make it as it had not absorbed all of the yolk sac and was very listless.... I left it on a paper towel in the incubator and told my husband to check on it and let me know if it was improving or worsening as I was committed to be away with girl scouts.. The chick finished absorbing and was up running around and is now going strong in the brooder with the others..

This one hatched on Friday 5/20. I didn't think it was going to make it as it had not absorbed all of the yolk sac and was very listless.... I left it on a paper towel in the incubator and told my husband to check on it and let me know if it was improving or worsening as I was committed to be away with girl scouts.. The chick finished absorbing and was up running around and is now going strong in the brooder with the others..
Glad it's doing good. such a little cutie soaking up the sun.

wee.gif

they are starting to do better now...maybe i was nervous for nothing
Good. I hope they are doing ok now.

Quote:
Mix until all dry ingredients dissolve & Keep refrigerated

You could also use electrolyte drinks Gatorade or Pedialyte, or
3 drops of POLYVISOL (liquid childrens A-B-D vitamins)
Slowly drip along inner edge of lower beak.
How To Raise Baby Chicks
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...ks-the-first-60-days-of-raising-baby-chickens
Electrolytes, great advice.
thumbsup.gif

I'm glad it's doing ok now.

This is the EE that hatched last night I am hoping that it was fathered by our silky roo..
thoughts??

It's a cute little chick, no idea who his "dad" might be.

Back
Top Bottom