MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I got a baby 5 hrs 23 mins from pip to hatch. Croads langshan

And i have pip # 2!!!!!!

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
celebrate.gif

Should go home to babies under my broody. She came off the nest last night while I was collecting eggs and I saw 1 external pip. She started with around 6 but I had issues with her cracking them when other hens tried using her nest. So she only has 2 left. Hopefully it goes well, this will be my first successful broody hatch. Almost more nerve wrecking than using the incubator.

Last edited:

About a week and a half old, no losses so far. I think all of the ones I was hoping would be pullets are actually cockerels, they've already started mock sparring.

<a href="/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine" data-huddler-embed="href" data-huddler-embed-layout="inline">@Sally Sunshine</a> - Update on my hatch...I had 8 hatch. 17 set, 9 showed signs of life, 8 hatched
1f60a.png

Can't upload pic from my phone
1f614.png

4 silver laced orpingtons
2 chocolate orpingtons
2 lavender cuckoo orpingtons
Congrats! I love rare varieties of orpingtons.
I had two poults hatch over the weekend. Not many but most of my girls took a break for a few weeks.

This one, I didn't hatch but is a guest at our house at the moment lol
smile.png

Ohhhh, is that a baby fawn? More pictures please!
Hatch is done! 7 babies! 18 eggs set-9 infetile and 1 DIS do to upside down pip 1 didn't make it to lock down.
Congrats! sorry to hear you lost a couple, I'm glad to hear all the others are doing well.

And i have pip # 2!!!!!!

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
Congrats!

Day 22 still had 2 eggs waiting even though everyone else hatched on day 20. Did a quick peak around 530. One had externally pipped the other one only internally. Heard quite peeps. Cooked dinner and sat down to eat. By 615 I could hear very loud peeping so I took another peek and the one that hasn't had the externally pip was all the way out!
wee.gif

Now just one more and I hope it's soon. My incubator has been acting funny at night and dropping temps again. Had to put a towel over it to get it leveled out.
Congratulations, hope the last one comes soon!

I have 2 pips and 2 internal pips!
woot.gif

Nice chicks, keets, pea fowl and broody's! On day 15 here! Come on Giant babies! Must have more chickens!
Thanks. At least you only have less than a week to go.

Tossed out 9 clears, but all the turkey eggs appear to have veining and 2 of the eggs were positively jumping inside! One turkey egg looked like a weird lava lamp, only in rhythm to its heartbeat. The chicken eggs that are left are veining nicely but it is always hard to tell veining on Marans eggs for me.
Good luck!

Well, this dodo head just realized that two days ago was the third batch of courtnix quail eggs lockdown. Today is day 16 and I noticed 4-5 pips while frantically shifting them to the hatcher (which I had to turn back on and wait for it to warm up). I thought I had til Wednesday when quails number 4 goes into lockdown...whoops. This is what I get for not setting an alarm on my phone.

Good luck!
fl.gif

<a href="/u/162672/Sally-Sunshine" data-huddler-embed="href" data-huddler-embed-layout="inline">@Sally Sunshine</a> - Update on my hatch...I had 8 hatch. 17 set, 9 showed signs of life, 8 hatched
1f60a.png

Can't upload pic from my phone
1f614.png

4 silver laced orpingtons
2 chocolate orpingtons
2 lavender cuckoo orpingtons
Congratulations!

Not sure what happened with my last post but it was an update on my hatch. 8 hatched out of 17 set.

@mlm Mike @Sally Sunshine
Thanks

I had two poults hatch over the weekend. Not many but most of my girls took a break for a few weeks.

This one, I didn't hatch but is a guest at our house at the moment lol
smile.png

Awwwww

Hatch is done! 7 babies! 18 eggs set-9 infetile and 1 DIS do to upside down pip 1 didn't make it to lock down.
Congratulations!

And i have pip # 2!!!!!!

1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
woot.gif

Wahoo! Kiddos 4H project chicks are hatching today, so far 4 out. One has a little yolk stuck out. Now what do we do with that???
Congratulations!

Good morning, creatures!
Good Morning!

Should go home to babies under my broody. She came off the nest last night while I was collecting eggs and I saw 1 external pip. She started with around 6 but I had issues with her cracking them when other hens tried using her nest. So she only has 2 left. Hopefully it goes well, this will be my first successful broody hatch. Almost more nerve wrecking than using the incubator.

woot.gif

Total count so far:
1 chick
3 pips
1 internal pip
The broodies might have a 100% hatch!

Congratulations!

About a week and a half old, no losses so far. I think all of the ones I was hoping would be pullets are actually cockerels, they've already started mock sparring.
Cute. I hope some of he ones you were hoping for are pullets.

Back
Top Bottom