MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I'd say give her a bit to make sure she's committed and then go for it. Or go for it and have a bator on standby.

We leave tomorrow for Seattle, our house sitter will be collecting eggs. She may wind up with eggs under her regardless lol

Last edited:
FINALLY or shall I say third time is the charm?? I HAD A Turkey POULT HATCH today!! one more is zipped!! My first ever success with hatching a turkey egg (okay well I myself didn't hatch it the incubator did LOL)...Another EE egg has zipped One turkey egg left (they were due tomorrow) and then 4 more eggs due Fri and then i don't think any more eggs are due to hatch until June...

Last edited:
I know you know how to candle correctly from the fat end of the egg so I wont go there, but what is your humidity at? what breeds are they?

@Sally Sunshine

I don't have a humidity monitor in the incubator (it is a brinsea mini advance, and I have it filled per instructions and have always had great hatches), the two that are showing veining have nice air cells. I have Lavender Orpingtons and Olive Eggers in there. I cannot see very well in the Olive eggs, but I can see enough to know there is no visible air cell (at least I think I would be able to at least see an air cell).

Lockdown at noon today. Here is what we ended up with,15:

6 Lavender Orpingtons (7-1 early death)
3 Russian Orloffs (7-3 clear,
1 blood ring)
5 Ameracauna mix (6-1 clear)
1 Black Copper Marans (4-3 clear,
rooster was injured, we knew these may not be fertile, breeder didn't charge for them.

Two of the Lavender Orpingtons are wiggling in their eggs already, and all fifteen showed movement when we candled last night. Hoping for a good hatch. It's our first time so have no idea how successful we'll be and am very nervous and excited!

Lockdown at noon today. Here is what we ended up with,15:

6 Lavender Orpingtons (7-1 early death)
3 Russian Orloffs (7-3 clear,
1 blood ring)
5 Ameracauna mix (6-1 clear)
1 Black Copper Marans (4-3 clear,
rooster was injured, we knew these may not be fertile, breeder didn't charge for them.

Two of the Lavender Orpingtons are wiggling in their eggs already, and all fifteen showed movement when we candled last night. Hoping for a good hatch. It's our first time so have no idea how successful we'll be and am very nervous and excited!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom