MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

On day 19, no visible action yet. I keep talking to them watching for egg movement. Come on eggies, you can do it.
fl.gif

Today is Day 6 here and I candled again to look for air cells - YAY! I finally can see air cells in my Olive Eggs. I can't see much else - they are VERY DARK. I know that one has a saddle air cell, but they can hatch from that still right? I tossed one egg, so I still have 8 eggs in my 7 egg capacity brinsea! LOL I can only turn them about three times a day (due to my work schedule) so I hope that doesn't affect them too much. They go about 10 hours during the day without being turned, but I turn them as soon as I walk in the door. I hope I can put the auto turner in soon (if any eggs don't show progress by day 10 I will take them out and then have space for auto turner).

One other question, one of my Lavender Orpington eggs, which I can see into just fine), only has one tiny little vein, should I give it a few more days and see if it keeps developing or do you think it's an early quitter?

It's been a busy week and I've fallen behind trying to keep up with all my subscribed threads. Our broody EE hens hatched lots of adorable fluffy chicks. I'm not quite sure exactly how many but roughly 15 little black EE/ Marans mix chicks.

These two hens are sisters from the same hatch and same parents. They go broody and raise chicks together each year.

My silkie chicks have started hatching in the incubator. We have 2 little early birds that hatched this morning, day 20. 1 blue and 1 splash. :)

Today is Day 6 here and I candled again to look for air cells - YAY!  I finally can see air cells in my Olive Eggs.  I can't see much else - they are VERY DARK.  I know that one has a saddle air cell, but they can hatch from that still right?   I tossed one egg, so I still have 8 eggs in my 7 egg capacity brinsea!  LOL    I can only turn them about three times a day (due to my work schedule) so I hope that doesn't affect them too much.  They go about 10 hours during the day without being turned, but I turn them as soon as I walk in the door.  I hope I can put the auto turner in soon (if any eggs don't show progress by day 10 I will take them out and then have space for auto turner).

One other question, one of my Lavender Orpington eggs, which I can see into just fine), only has one tiny little vein, should I give it a few more days and see if it keeps developing or do you think it's an early quitter?

On day 6? I would give it longer, unless an egg is VERY dead I won't toss until day 10.
-Banti

Back
Top Bottom