MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Surprise salmon faverolles chicks 8 of them..... I trim mamas bottom and got fertile eggs.... Wild little buggers tried to get a good picture but they kept finding hiding places. I am tickled to death to get babies....
Congrats on the surprise chicks!! I think I can spot one or two in the photo! My Salmon Faverolle hen just went broody yesterday for the second time ever. She is a wonderful mama.

Just welcomed 20 new babies or of 21 eggs :) 18 CCL and 2 CCL/ameraucana crosses. The older turkey poults in the brooder are all hiding in the corner crying because there are little fuzzy aliens running around now lol

Turkeys are so sensitive : ). I used to have to sing my poults to sleep because they would start crying loudly when I was ready to go to bed.

Turkeys are so sensitive : ). I used to have to sing my poults to sleep because they would start crying loudly when I was ready to go to bed.

My very first group of poults ever, I would pull them out of the brooder, lay a towel down in my bed and they would cuddle with me and go to sleep. Once I was ready to go to sleep, I'd move them back to the brooder. I felt bad every time because they just wanted to stay there and sleep with me lol

This morning the chick wasn't dead! She has more of an appetite and data I some more water!
Great. I hope she is still doing ok, and improving.

Quote: You could give them time, you can also try candling the eggs.

Just jumped on here. The chicks I hatched at the beginning of the month were stolen by predators of some sort, I have a new batch in the incubator set on the 21st, and it looks as if cuddles has gone broody again.

I did the first candling of the eggs and tossed 13 clears of the 30 I set. It looks like Rosie's eggs aren't being fertilized. I will have to see if can get some time to bath her and give her a trim.
Sorry you lost chicks to a predator. Hooray for cuddles and poor Rosie.

yeah all 8 eggs under polly hatched i have 3 booted bantams 3 bb x frizzle polish and 2 fp x orpington x bb(last batch ,in april this year, 6 out of 8 hatch but if the mum didnt come off the nest then their would have been 8 because the 2 were almost hatched
he.gif
anyway i got 4 booted bantams and 2 pekin x bb)
Congratulations, Polly did fine.

day 22, looks like they all quit but 1. no hatch yet either.
Sorry

Just welcomed 20 new babies or of 21 eggs
smile.png
18 CCL and 2 CCL/ameraucana crosses. The older turkey poults in the brooder are all hiding in the corner crying because there are little fuzzy aliens running around now lol
Congratulations!

Great thread
Thanks

Surprise salmon faverolles chicks 8 of them..... I trim mamas bottom and got fertile eggs.... Wild little buggers tried to get a good picture but they kept finding hiding places.
I am tickled to death to get babies....

Wonderful!

Quote: LOL

Quote: And LOL again.

Oh and on terminology when I first joined the site I kept trying to work out how kanagaroos were related to a chook. It took a while to figure it was also used as short for rooster.
Isn't cockeral only males under 18 months old?
I suppose if you live in Australia, you hear the term roo all the time... which is entirely a different creature...
lau.gif

I had the same problem when I first heard the word "chook"...
idunno.gif

A cockerel is a male less than 1 year old...
wink.png

Last edited:
Iiiiimmmmm baaaaaacckkkk. Sorta. Not sure why i stopped coming on but then i knew there would be SO MANY posts so i put off coming back even longer
1f602.png
was no intentional break, just me being lazy lol sorry guys! I have 30 threads to check on!

Back
Top Bottom