MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

She's perfectly happy with things like they are. She started with Chester and Emma.....then she found Nappie and Annie (the pigeons) and rescued them. Soon Chester and Emma had some babies, and the next year they had some more babies! She had dog crates and when she claps her hands in the morning they all get into their "own" crates - (somehow they know which group goes in which crate) then she carries them outside for the afternoon to play in the pond and be ducks. When it's time for them to come in, she claps her hands again and back into the crates they go. I would never have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Chester and Nappie are best friends.....always hanging around on the arm of the chair and sharing popcorn and a movie with my daughter or her SO. I don't know how she does it - place was always neat when we'd be back in town and I'd go over there. And the ducks are perfectly healthy - sleek and shiny and active, so they must not mind either. When she first got them, her SO built them a nice pen outdoors but a raccoon got in and just made mincemeat out of some of the ducks. Chester and Emma were left, and she brought them inside declaring that they were NOT living out there again! And they haven't! Chester and Emma Time for Chester and Emma to enjoy some mealworms after coming in from outside. Chester's favorite toy.. Emma and her ducklings. Hail, hail, the gang's all here! Chester and Nappie on the arm of the chair.
Too cute!

Another Serama hatched!
YAY!!!!!
jumpy.gif

The last 4 eggs of my May hatch were quitters with 1 full term DIS due to pipping internally on the wrong end. Total hatched? I lost count LOL.. The youngest brooder full has 29 chicks... Still have an incubator of eggs for a couple of hatches in June including a few turkey eggs for another try at turkeys.

Well I haven't seen any chicks yet, but the broody hen stayed on her eggs all day today, didn't get up for her potty break. That's a good sign right?

Back
Top Bottom