MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

Here's my very first AC eggs ever!:celebrate I just wanted to show them off :lol:
Great!!!
Had 7 white silkie babies go into lock down, I have 6 babies.. :) One was DIS. Now, I have a pip in my splash, due date tomorrow. Well, it's more than a pip, it's a hole. Made a hole right away, not sure I like them doing it that way. I worry over it until it starts to zip. :/
Xx Fingers crossed xx
OMG! I am so glad I put that egg in the bator when the hen pushed it out of the nest this morning! It has a pip!:weee
woohoo!!!

@Sally Sunshine

Here are my current brahmas
smile.png

This is Sebastian, he is from a breeder in Boise, ID. He is 4
months old.

This rest of them came from a breeder in Florida. This one is
from the April HAL.

This one if also from the April HAL.

She is from an earlier hatch but is still from the breeder in
Florida.

This on is also from the April HAL.

As well as this last one.

It hatched! It seems to have an open navel, though, & is bleeding a little. I'll have to look up what to do for that. My last hatch the chicks had navel issues, too, and they were all fine, so I think she will be ok.

@Sally SunshineWhoa! That's a whole lot of information I didn't even think to look up. Funny thing is that was my 5th clutch of CCL's at the same temps and RH's, but the 1st time having that bad of a hatch rate, and the last 2 had no losses, I believe. I totally believe you and promptly got up after reading this and went and adjusted the temp and RH in the new Brinsea that's holding the next CCL's and BBCM's. I'm afraid maybe my old Brinsea bator is dying, hence the bad hatch. It's so old they don't sell parts for anymore. The new clutch waiting to hatch are eggs I had shipped from OK, and once again, my box was beat up, and the inside of the eggs show it. I was expecting a maximum hatch rate of 50%, so I'm happy with my 16 out of 28 so far. As for calibrating, I have no idea how to do it, but I expected Brinsea to have done it at the factory. I'm sure I was wrong again!

i have a muscovy hen that has been laying for the past week and a half and is now trying to go broody on a ceramic egg but we dont have a drake should i put some turkey or chicken eggs under her??
hu.gif

OMG! I am so glad I put that egg in the bator when the hen pushed it out of the nest this morning! It has a pip!
wee.gif
Wonderful!

It hatched! It seems to have an open navel, though, & is bleeding a little. I'll have to look up what to do for that. My last hatch the chicks had navel issues, too, and they were all fine, so I think she will be ok.
Congratulations!

i have a muscovy hen that has been laying for the past week and a half and is now trying to go broody on a ceramic egg but we dont have a drake should i put some turkey or chicken eggs under her??
hu.gif

Sure.

OMG! I am so glad I put that egg in the bator when the hen pushed it out of the nest this morning! It has a pip!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

yesss.gif
That was pretty fast! Congrats!

hu.gif
I wouldn't. It could work out fine, don't get me wrong! But ducks don't have as much success with chicken eggs as chickens do with duck eggs due to the duck's extra humidity (wet stomach).

Wonderful!

Congratulations!

Sure.
I am surprised you say yes. Am I misinformed, or is the risk that low?

Had 7 white silkie babies go into lock down, I have 6 babies.. :) One was DIS.

Now, I have a pip in my splash, due date tomorrow. Well, it's more than a pip, it's a hole. Made a hole right away, not sure I like them doing it that way. I worry over it until it starts to zip. :/
good luck with the pippers!! great hatch Cynth!!

wee.gif

YAYYAYYAYAAYYAA good luck!!!

dawwwwwww

@Sally Sunshine

Here are my current brahmas
smile.png

This is Sebastian, he is from a breeder in Boise, ID. He is 4
months old.

This rest of them came from a breeder in Florida. This one is
from the April HAL.

This one if also from the April HAL.

She is from an earlier hatch but is still from the breeder in
Florida.

This on is also from the April HAL.

As well as this last one.

so glad you have babies again!! I pray they stay safe and grow GIANT!! love them!!

Back
Top Bottom