MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

They are sooooo cute

Thank you! So nice to see their pretty colors without the red light. I switched it out for a ceramic bulb while they were out. They fussed a bit when I turned the light out tonight, but we left a nightlight on in the room and they settled after about ten minutes. Hopefully they won't feel compelled to snack all night anymore!

Thank you! So nice to see their pretty colors without the red light. I switched it out for a ceramic bulb while they were out. They fussed a bit when I turned the light out tonight, but we left a nightlight on in the room and they settled after about ten minutes. Hopefully they won't feel compelled to snack all night anymore!

Aw no problem! I bet that definitely was nice :) and hopefully! I used the heating pad method with mine but I bought a heat lamp before I got them and before I found out about it. But yeah, I saw their colors from the beginning aha but yeah, they slept all night so it was great

My latest May hatch along chickies are popping today! Have 36 or 70 hatched so far. We still have a few pips going. We had so many, hatch so quickly that my humidity hit 99%. NOTHING was drying! My brooder currently has last week's chicks in it. So, I had to set up another incubator and move the wet babies over just long enough to dry!

Most of the unhatched chicks are my own backyard eggs.

Here are last week's chicks!!

Final results: 13 chicks from the 30 eggs set.

My turkeys are hatching! My staggered hatch worked out! Since humidity was a problem during the first part of hatch last week, I let it run dry for the rest of the week. Success! There are now 2 fluffy turkey poults and a third pipping, if all hatch here that's 4 out of 5 turkey eggs! Woohoo!

Quote:
clap.gif
you can try again for legbars, you would love my Crested Cuckoo Marans with their feathered legs and Olive eggs!!! I think I like them better than the Crested Barred Rocks!! even the wellsummer olive layers are lovely!

Our May Hatchalong chicks will be two weeks old this weekend.

Princess Sofia caught Rosetta the Lavender Orpington rooster trying to escape. "She just wanted to see my gown, because it's LAVENDER!"
lau.gif

We put a screen over their box and will be working on larger housing this weekend.

All snuggled on their perches like big kids
smile.png

they grow so fast! so do little princesses!!

I think we have three Lavender Orpington roosters out of five chicks
sad.png
Does anyone have experience with this breed? Two have very prominent combs already and one has a small comb. Two have much more dainty heads and no combs.
can you get us images of combs

Quote: x2

Figured I'd let the girls out a little bit earlier today to enjoy the last sunshine and what do they do? Run straight for the shade
1f602.png
it's okay, cloud is covering the sun atm anyway. May is in laying an egg.

looks like they are loving it!! what a lovely area you have!

My OE broody, Crystal.has four chicks! One hatched last night and the other three hatched this morning. There are still 8 eggs to go. One of them (a silver chipmunk) is her's by Long John Silver. Two of them are Tizzy's by Yellowlegs, One is brownish with chipmunk stripes. The other is bluish with a small white spot on it's head. The forth one is a Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandotte. She has been totally faithful to the eggs the whole time . I never once saw her off the nest. I brought her some water in a pan and she drank and drank. I will get some pics today of the new chickies.
sound like some cute chicks!!! you need to grab tons of images for contests!!! lol

13 now. Will check the last 2 eggs for life tonight if they don't pip today.
Good Hatch!!! congrats on that stack of chicks!!!

We took our almost two week old chicks outside today for the first time and stayed out for two hours! They absolutely loved it. Hated to have to bring them in since they were having such a wonderful time!

Wow great images, they didnt fly out?

My latest May hatch along chickies are popping today! Have 36 or 70 hatched so far. We still have a few pips going. We had so many, hatch so quickly that my humidity hit 99%. NOTHING was drying! My brooder currently has last week's chicks in it. So, I had to set up another incubator and move the wet babies over just long enough to dry!

Most of the unhatched chicks are my own backyard eggs.

Here are last week's chicks!!

such a colorful batch Kathy!!!!
My turkeys are hatching! My staggered hatch worked out! Since humidity was a problem during the first part of hatch last week, I let it run dry for the rest of the week. Success! There are now 2 fluffy turkey poults and a third pipping, if all hatch here that's 4 out of 5 turkey eggs! Woohoo!
YAYYAYYAYYAYAYAAAA !!!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...n-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine

The INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/ host, Sally Sunshine thread is open for anyone that wants to hatch and hang with us now that we end out this HAL, we wont do any more HALS until perhaps Halloween, I need a break and I am sure Mike as well.... many of you already are over with us, but for those that are still hatching and want some help or hatch with head on over as well. I am always hatching something too!

Remember to bookmark this Notes Link!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

And Here is a Basic Read for Hatchers that ran into issues!
A MUST READ***** INCUBATION QUESTIONS w/answers post #85688
CLICK HERE

We took our almost two week old chicks outside today for the first time and stayed out for two hours! They absolutely loved it. Hated to have to bring them in since they were having such a wonderful time!

Thats awesome, theyre getting so big, love the 3rd one looking straight into the camera lol

Back
Top Bottom