MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

they grow so fast!  so do little princesses!!

can you get us images of combs 

Wow great images, they didnt fly out?

They sure do! Can't believe our little princess will be three in a few months.

I'll take closeup pictures of the combs a little later today. The huge white Ameracauna cross tried to crow when we were outside. It was hilarious! I'm still hoping the little blue barred Ameraucana cross is a boy!

They flew across the pen, but didn't try to fly out. It's a bit higher than their current box, and one of the Lavender Orpingtons flew up and perched on the edge of that yesterday. We sit next to the pen in lawn chairs while they're outside. We have a couple of full length screen door inserts in the garage I can lay over the top if we're in the yard but not right next to them. We live in town and have a lot of neighborhood dogs and cats and crows so wouldn't leave them out unattended at all. We're hoping to start coop and run construction this weekend!

They are adorable! Love those play yards.

We bought it used on Craigslist for $20 a couple years ago to keep the baby away from the Christmas tree. We never really used it for that because she was so good with the Christmas tree, but it sure is useful for grandma and grandpa's new puppy and baby chicks!

Thats awesome, theyre getting so big, love the 3rd one looking straight into the camera lol

That's our little blonde Orloff, Bela. She's the sweetest. The Orloffs are so inquisitive. We just love them!

Quote: Great!

I have found these wonderful chickens that almost nobody knows about and have no where to show them off! The Frisian thread is about 3 people and we already know about them, so here goes...

These guys are calm, friendly, able to be penned up or free range. Forage well and are relatively quiet. They get along with all the other breeds. We shall see how they lay soon. These are called Lemon Frisian Gulls and they are about 4 months old. They came to see my husband in his workshop and hang out for a while.

Very pretty. Thank you for mentioning them!

Our May Hatchalong chicks will be two weeks old this weekend.

Princess Sofia caught Rosetta the Lavender Orpington rooster trying to escape. "She just wanted to see my gown, because it's LAVENDER!"
lau.gif

We put a screen over their box and will be working on larger housing this weekend.

All snuggled on their perches like big kids
smile.png

Awwwww

My OE broody, Crystal.has four chicks! One hatched last night and the other three hatched this morning. There are still 8 eggs to go. One of them (a silver chipmunk) is her's by Long John Silver. Two of them are Tizzy's by Yellowlegs, One is brownish with chipmunk stripes. The other is bluish with a small white spot on it's head. The forth one is a Silver Penciled Bantam Wyandotte. She has been totally faithful to the eggs the whole time . I never once saw her off the nest. I brought her some water in a pan and she drank and drank. I will get some pics today of the new chickies.
Congratulations!
My latest May hatch along chickies are popping today! Have 36 or 70 hatched so far. We still have a few pips going. We had so many, hatch so quickly that my humidity hit 99%. NOTHING was drying! My brooder currently has last week's chicks in it. So, I had to set up another incubator and move the wet babies over just long enough to dry!

Most of the unhatched chicks are my own backyard eggs.

Here are last week's chicks!!

Congratulations! If I have an empty incubator I'll run that dry to toss gently place hatched chicks in too dry off.

Final results: 13 chicks from the 30 eggs set.
Congratulations!

My turkeys are hatching! My staggered hatch worked out! Since humidity was a problem during the first part of hatch last week, I let it run dry for the rest of the week. Success! There are now 2 fluffy turkey poults and a third pipping, if all hatch here that's 4 out of 5 turkey eggs! Woohoo!

Congratulations, I hope the reset of the hatch goes well.

got eggs local only...weekend only or weekend orders
PM me if interested
1 dozen wheaten marans
1 dozen white marans
few cream crested legbars eggs
partiridge brahma eggs
1 dozen clb/brown leghorn
mix or match $10. dozen
hatch real good

Oh what to do what to do...... I've got 12 eggs under a hen that look to be about to hatch ANY time now but we have a solid WEEK of storms coming in.
Leave them for momma to tend or bring them in upon hatching and protect them from massive rain fall predicted.

Oh what to do what to do...... I've got 12 eggs under a hen that look to be about to hatch ANY time now but we have a solid WEEK of storms coming in.
Leave them for momma to tend or bring them in upon hatching and protect them from massive rain fall predicted.
I would bring momma and eggs in. Make her a nest in a tote or something. Put her and her eggs in it and place an expandable screen over her so she can't jump out and refuse the eggs. I would put her in a dark room or closet. That will keep her still and calm too. I have the means to make a small pen inside which is what I would do till the storms are over.

:clap    you can try again for legbars, you would love my Crested Cuckoo Marans with their feathered legs and Olive eggs!!!  I think I like them better than the Crested Barred Rocks!! even the wellsummer olive layers are lovely!

they grow so fast!  so do little princesses!!

can you get us images of combs 

x2

looks like they are loving it!!  what a lovely area you have!

sound like some cute chicks!!!  you need to grab tons of images for contests!!! lol 

Good Hatch!!! congrats on that stack of chicks!!!

Wow great images, they didnt fly out?

such a colorful batch Kathy!!!!
YAYYAYYAYYAYAYAAAA  !!!!! 

Thanks!! They definitely loved it! I try to let them out about 2 hours before bed but yesterday I let them out 4 hours before. They love it. Our yard is huge but they tend to only hang out under those trees or in the woods next to their coop.

Great! 

Very pretty. Thank you for mentioning them!

Awwwww

Congratulations! 
 Congratulations! If I have an empty incubator I'll run that dry to toss gently place hatched chicks in too dry off.

Congratulations!

Congratulations, I hope the reset of the hatch goes well.

Yup! That might now be for a while though

My tooth just fell out.. I was eating a cosmic brownie and thought "wow this m&m is really hard.."
1f602.png
1f602.png

I think an m&m accidentally got caught in it and next thing the tooth is in the brownie and i thought it was the m&m till i looked in a mirror lol

Also, to clarify, it's good that it fell out.

It's been loose since August even before and very loose this week, could push it almost horizontal, and we were gonna get it pulled soon or let it fall our. I have 2 baby teeth with no adults behind them. My dad does too exceot his fell out around the same age. It was just a bit shocking..
1f602.png

I mean, I'm eating a brownie and next thing I know my tooths in the brownie
1f602.png

My tooth just fell out.. I was eating a cosmic brownie and thought "wow this m&m is really hard.."
1f602.png
1f602.png

I think an m&m accidentally got caught in it and next thing the tooth is in the brownie and i thought it was the m&m till i looked in a mirror lol

Also, to clarify, it's good that it fell out.

It's been loose since August even before and very loose this week, could push it almost horizontal, and we were gonna get it pulled soon or let it fall our. I have 2 baby teeth with no adults behind them. My dad does too exceot his fell out around the same age. It was just a bit shocking..
1f602.png

I mean, I'm eating a brownie and next thing I know my tooths in the brownie
1f602.png

Glad the loose tooth fell out!!

I think this hatch is finished. Not as good as I would have liked, but I hatched 40 out of 67. Most of the unhatched eggs were my dark green eggs I couldn't see into. They may not have been fertile.

Here are our Lavender Orpingtons with a closer look at the combs. Forgot to get a closeup of the last one, but really no comb yet. @Sally Sunshine@Ur-ur-ur-urrr@sjturner79

Back
Top Bottom