MAY 2016 "Land of the Free Because of the brave!" Hatch-a-Long Hosted by, Mike & Sally

I've been heartbroken. This morning I had 12 about to hatch eggs under hen.... After church I see one that looks to be half crushed and only 5 others. I've looked for signs and have found none. My guess is a snake.

The one with a crushed she'll still breaths but idk. I'm giving the poor thing every chance by bringing it in and placing in my now running incubator with its other surviving egg mates.

So sorry. I have had the same thing happen and it was a snake. Caught him in the act. Hoping your survivors all hatch.

My DH says I am all done till next year. I was asking if perhaps I could hatching the fall and have some POL pullets available for spring, but he says no. And that I am crazy!

My DH says I am all done till next year. I was asking if perhaps I could hatching the fall and have some POL pullets available for spring, but he says no. And that I am crazy!

Mine has learned better than to tell me I can't. He just tries to be logical about it. LOL

Logic vs Crazy.

Crazy wins, but logic niggles in the back of the mind. Especially when toting water in 90 degree heat and 80% humidity.

Glad the loose tooth fell out!!

What a surprise, glad it came out since in needed too.

Congratulations! Done hatching now? :lau

orloffs are so friendly!
oh my!! my kiddo has a loose one that she is having issues with her gum being so sore from it.  I wish it would just fall out allready, but its not ready yet, I cant just tell its not wiggling enough!

not bad if the greenies were probably unferts!  so that makes 140 chicks LOL!!!!

wow thats tought to tell I say two is male, but I think you need more time !  cute chicks too!!

Thanks everyone! Definitely good it fell out even though I now have a hole there lol but oh well, it's just barely far enough bsck that you really can't see it anyway. And sally, i hope your kiddos tooth falls out soon!!

Yep. Feeling your pain...acutely. Hatched 27 yesterday and have 34 more in the incubator. DH is way over this...I've lost count. 

I've been divorced for many years. Been dating someone for a couple years. He was very nice to point out to me that when he met me, i only had 3 older chickens (The rest of my flock had already died off). He thinks I have crossed into crazy land. It's a very good thing that he loves me. We spend more time at his place than at mine.

I've been heartbroken. This morning I had 12 about to hatch eggs under hen.... After church I see one that looks to be half crushed and only 5 others. I've looked for signs and have found none. My guess is a snake.

The one with a crushed she'll still breaths but idk. I'm giving the poor thing every chance by bringing it in and placing in my now running incubator with its other surviving egg mates.
I'm sorry.
Quote:
Of course you had to rebuild your flock, things should settle down any moment now.
big_smile.png

oh no, so sorry
hugs.gif

Quote: Thank you, still hasnt!

Thanks for the idea... Unfortunate I don't have a crate. I've gently moved momma and eggs into an enclosed plastic nest box with a bottom and roof... She hopped right in and started barking at me so....
lol I like the imAgery of this

oh no I'm so sorry! I'm surprised momma broody didn't kill the snake, or maybe she did and that's what happened to the eggs, either way :hugs

I've been divorced for many years. Been dating someone for a couple years. He was very nice to point out to me that when he met me, i only had 3 older chickens (The rest of my flock had already died off). He thinks I have crossed into crazy land. It's a very good thing that he loves me. We spend more time at his place than at mine.
rofl! Sounds like a good man!

Well. After a day of heartbreak yesterday and a fearful night of losing the crushed egg chick I woke to.... VIPER!!!! The miracle chick that I thought would die. I was thinking Miracle but my kids said name it Snake. We settled on Viper. Boy/ Girl. Works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom