Mean Rooster: Cull or Tame

Ivy Love

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2017
Hi BYC! It's Ivy Love. I have a small bantam/Serama (I think) rooster, and he is very aggressive and mean. He used to be a real sweety, but now, he attacks me and my friends (@Dawnclucks22 for instance - yes I know her in real life) and I am not sure what to do. If taming him is the best option, what are the best ways, if not, what are the most humane ways to cull. Thanks all for your input, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

After reading it, though, I must say that my rooster - his name is Duck and is very small, is not very easy. I have been trying for months to get him nice again... without such luck. I am still not sure what to with him... :)

After reading it, though, I must say that my rooster - his name is Duck and is very small, is not very easy. I have been trying for months to get him nice again... without such luck. I am still not sure what to with him... :)
Do you need Duck for your program?

No, he and another bantam are just random roosters, and I was hoping they were girls...I usually have bad luck :he:barnie.

Well..... if Duck were mine he would have to go.
Yep. that is the plan. Either we take him to a vet, or make him a rooster nugget...I am hoping for the first :D Just Kidding...I could never eat Duck...

I got Duck after my favorite white silkie rooster died. His name was Merlin, an he could cuddle and fall asleep in my arms. He was the best rooster anyone could have asked for, and I was devastated when he left this world. :hit
Along with a friend we went to the tractor supply in Ramona, and got two cute chicks. Both turned out to be roosters. Duck took away the pain of loosing Merlin, but now he has to go :(
Thanks all for the input. :(

Last edited:
Yep. that is the plan. Either we take him to a vet, or make him a rooster nugget...I am hoping for the first :D Just Kidding...I could never eat Duck...

I got Duck after my favorite white silkie rooster died. His name was Merlin, an he could cuddle and fall asleep in my arms. He was the best rooster anyone could have asked for, and I was devastated when he left this world. :hit
Along with a friend we went to the tractor supply in Ramona, and got two cute chicks. Both turned out to be roosters. Duck took away the pain of loosing Merlin, but now he has to go :(
Thanks all for the input. :(

I am sorry. I know it is hard to part with them even when they are horrible and mean. Just think of it like a friendship gone bad. Find another Merlin.

Back
Top Bottom