Melanistic mutant pheasant with yellow lumps on bowel intestine!?

FeatherHillMedow

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2020
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is I am harvesting my some of my male melanistic Mutant pheasants and when I pulled out the intestines I noticed yellow lumps all over the bowels. Not sure what it is or if birds are even edible. I know picture is kind of gory but I just don't know what to do. any help would be great thanks.
IMG_20200407_171241.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200407_171241.jpg
    IMG_20200407_171241.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 3
I have harvested Ringneck and White Mountain pheasant never before and never seen this. I would like to thank maybe it's fatty deposits or maybe it's just the breed but my gut says no. The picture is a ringneck bowel intestines by the melanistic mutant pheasants intestine. Hopefully you'll have an idea what this is.
IMG_20200408_104631.jpg
IMG_20200408_104636.jpg
IMG_20200408_104703.jpg

No it was not one bird it was the entire pen of 8 birds. They are eight months old and showing no signs of sickness. That was my original gut feeling that maybe it was a cancer but how can that be possible with all 8?.

No it was not one bird it was the entire pen of 8 birds. They are eight months old and showing no signs of sickness. That was my original gut feeling that maybe it was a cancer but how can that be possible with all 8?.
That is strange, I would not expect all of them to have cancer. If I were in your shoes I think I would contact the head avian pathologist at my state lab and ask him.

I thought about contacting MacFarlane's pheasants because the guy I got the bird's from got them from there. what do you think about that?

I thought about contacting MacFarlane's pheasants because the guy I got the bird's from got them from there. what do you think about that?
You could do that too, but I think you'll get a better answer if you send those pictures to the head avian pathologist at your state lab. What state do you live in?

Back
Top Bottom