Mereks positive bird. Meat inspection

Breeziedaisy

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2020
Hello all. I am looking for information on if it is safe to eat a mereks positive bird. I just processed him a few minutes ago. And unpon inspection, saw no tumors or unhealthy organs. I DID however see his meat looked different than any bird we've raised before. It has obvious dark areas. This is not from the facia layer and had a silvery sheen effect. It was symmetrical in its form. He was a black silkie, Hamburg cross. His feathers were black and his skin a sort of light gray.

Attachments

• 20200623_164226.jpg
    20200623_164226.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 22
Hello all. I am looking for information on if it is safe to eat a mereks positive bird. I just processed him a few minutes ago. And unpon inspection, saw no tumors or unhealthy organs. I DID however see his meat looked different than any bird we've raised before. It has obvious dark areas. This is not from the facia layer and had a silvery sheen effect. It was symmetrical in its form. He was a black silkie, Hamburg cross. His feathers were black and his skin a sort of light gray.
How do you know that he's Marek's positive?

How do you know that he's Marek's positive?
By the way he was acting. Typical neural mereks symptoms. With presentation of sutch. Also iv learned a bit from experience farming my whole life and learning from elders. And crossed referenced everything with my vet books. I quarantined him thinking it was originally an injury. The onset was so quick. But after a couple of weeks the symptoms continued to progress. To the point i had no choice but to dispatch him today.

Back
Top Bottom