Metzer Farms Toulouse recomendation

I have a pair of production toulouse that I got from Metzer's this year and I adore them. They are super friendly and beautifully colored. The goose is quite loud and a bit bigger than the gander. I hope to breed them in a couple of years to sell as local farm geese.

Beautiful wp, great to see ya back.
big_smile.png

I'm glad to see this thread. I was looking at Metzer Farms geese, also, and wondering about the French production line. I think that's what I'm going to get next spring. All my animals have to be good working homestead livestock. (Well, almost all, LOL! Have a couple of useless cats, and a dog who so far hasn't been much use, but he's sweet!)

Kathleen

I'm glad to see this thread. I was looking at Metzer Farms geese, also, and wondering about the French production line. I think that's what I'm going to get next spring. All my animals have to be good working homestead livestock. (Well, almost all, LOL! Have a couple of useless cats, and a dog who so far hasn't been much use, but he's sweet!)

Kathleen
Look forward to seeing pics once you get them...

I have the French 2006 import line Toulouse from Metzers, and really can't say enough good things about them.
They are huge and super productive. Mine started laying this year at the end of December, and hatched the last gosling on July 2nd. I had so many goose eggs I ran out of things to do with them. You don't need a big flock to have tons of eggs and goslings. They are great setters. By the time they are two years old they are much bigger than Americans and Cotton Patch- both of which we have raised with them. Fertility is spot on as well.

are your stilll surper productive and do your fly ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom