Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

my big chickens seeing the little chickens in their little coop for the first time. They sat sooooooooooooooo still staring like they had no idea what they were

Last edited:
Theres only one showing a sign of a comb

my big chickens seeing the little chickens in their little coop for the first time. They sat sooooooooooooooo still staring like they had no idea what they were

So apparently I haven't been on here in a few months. I haven't been getting email alerts from BYC so I just assumed the thread had died down, nope lol! Congrats to everyone who got chicks this fall. Very sorry to hear about losses of both new and old birds.

Thickchick- wow I love that set up! Is that a barn or a garage? Great pic.

Pandapaws are you okay? I went through a major depression spell this summer when we had drama with our neighbor and I considered giving our girls away (we may still have to this spring or summer if/when/where we move). Your Wyandottes are gorgeous. I'm sorry they aren't giving you any eggs yet.

Our Dorking and Marans were very late to mature as well and aren't/weren't the best layers in general. Victoria is still molting and Morgaine passed in the spring. I think Clara our Easter Egger just went into molt too, little late darling! So we are only getting light-medium brown eggs from our Golden Buff, Buff Orp, White Rock and Brahma. Snow and Pema's eggs are still small but they lay everyday, I really love those two. Cornelia the Welsummer still hasn't laid, I think she is finishing up a late juvenile molt, she's a grumpy girl.

So apparently I haven't been on here in a few months.  I haven't been getting email alerts from BYC so I just assumed the thread had died down, nope lol!  Congrats to everyone who got chicks this fall.  Very sorry to hear about losses of both new and old birds.

Thickchick- wow I love that set up!  Is that a barn or a garage?  Great pic.

Pandapaws are you okay?  I went through a major depression spell this summer when we had drama with our neighbor and I considered giving our girls away (we may still have to this spring or summer if/when/where we move).  Your Wyandottes are gorgeous.  I'm sorry they aren't giving you any eggs yet.  

Our Dorking and Marans were very late to mature as well and aren't/weren't the best layers in general.  Victoria is still molting and Morgaine passed in the spring.  I think Clara our Easter Egger just went into molt too, little late darling!  So we are only getting light-medium brown eggs from our Golden Buff, Buff Orp, White Rock and Brahma.  Snow and Pema's eggs are still small but they lay everyday, I really love those two.  Cornelia the Welsummer still hasn't laid, I think she is finishing up a late juvenile molt, she's a grumpy girl.

For now I am. As i bought serama chicks. But out of 14 8 died on arrival but the remainging six are doing good plus hatched out two eggs from either my two past roos or crevecoure but i cant tell. Plus i got 4 new roos two of which are ameraucanas. I plan on breeding to my wyandottes to get olive eggers. So for now im ok until something else happens.

Please read i am so touched...by my experience with meyer

I have to say that I am so pleased with everything about meyer hatchery.
First they got me some beautiful birds. Then not only had to put up with me changing my order a few times before I final day. But they were so sweet through the whole process.
Second I have asked many questions and they were there to answer all my questions even the silly ones.
Third and lastly but most important to me………………. I talked briefly to a lady (I wont mention her name because I don’t know if she would want me to ) about how me being outside with my chickens the day before my sons heart surgery was relaxing me . not only did she listen to me tell her about my worries but she cared. Today I went to the mailbox and they sent him a get well card. I was brought to tears … how sweet and so not expected from people who don’t even really know me or my son. Thank you sooo much Meyer for caring about me and my son…
Plus I still just LOVE my little chicks from you guys……

Please read i am so touched...by my experience with meyer

I have to say that I am so pleased with everything about meyer hatchery.
First they got me some beautiful birds. Then not only had to put up with me changing my order a few times before I final day. But they were so sweet through the whole process.
Second I have asked many questions and they were there to answer all my questions even the silly ones.
Third and lastly but most important to me………………. I talked briefly to a lady (I wont mention her name because I don’t know if she would want me to ) about how me being outside with my chickens the day before my sons heart surgery was relaxing me . not only did she listen to me tell her about my worries but she cared. Today I went to the mailbox and they sent him a get well card. I was brought to tears … how sweet and so not expected from people who don’t even really know me or my son. Thank you sooo much Meyer for caring about me and my son…
Plus I still just LOVE my little chicks from you guys……
That was so sweet of them. I do too love the company they are great. I hope for a speedy recovery for your son and your family.

Hi fellow Meyer folks! I've been MIA from this site for the last several months. My job had occupied all of my time, so much that they drove me to quit. LOL! My poor chickies had pretty much stopped laying. I realized I hadn't done any worming or supplemental feeding in too long. They are definitely happy again and I have the eggs to prove it!

So my babies will be 10 wks tomorrow sadly we lost one who mistook the feed bag string as a worm but our other 15 are doing great. I don't think I have any roosters but since im a first time chicken slave I could be wrong.

hi I'm getting 5 barred rock females hatch date April 12 from Meyer. I just pray they all make the trip ok!! Hope they are all healthy!! First time using Meyer.

Back
Top Bottom