Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Cilantro will very happily reseed itself. So will borage. Plant either of them once, and you can have them forever.

Maybe not where you would like them to be, however! :lau

Hiiiiiii everyone! I've been so super busy. My stepdaughter got married in Greece (Santorini) two weekends ago, so we had an unexpected 10 day trip to Greece. I got my first passport stamp. The wedding was beautiful, overlooking Santorini and the caldera (the sea where the volcano erupted). She and her husband make a wonderful couple, we really like him and hoping for many many blessings throughout the years for them.

I am not a huge fan of Greece. They have a huge problem with stray cats and dogs and it was rather heartbreaking. Too people-y in Athens and Santorini for me, but I did like the last area we stayed (Porto Rafti), which was much more authentic Greece and it was much less touristy. Beautiful views overlooking the olive groves and the place we stayed had lemon and loquat trees that I was able to harvest from. It also had a pomegranate tree, but the poms weren't in season, yet.

But now, I am back. I planted all my peppers and tomatoes, onions, and started thinning out and stringing the hops. They are crazy this year and I hope they survive my mangling of them. I'm at that point where I throw the plants outside and I'm just like "good luck!"

Doesn't sound like we will be able to bring birds to the ChickenStock this year?

Here is the link to it, @alpacasandchicks78 this is the one at Delta Mills Park: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/06-29-2024-lansing-michigan-chickenstock.1614878/

We still need help with some main dishes at the potluck and we're asking everyone to bring 1 item to raffle off (nothing too expensive and it would be great if it were chicken/farm related).

The birds are all great, I had to break a broody right before we left, but thankfully she gave it up and hasn't gone back to it since. My chicken-sitter worked out superbly, he's in high school and he was so good to my birds while we were gone.

It's great to be back, sad to hear about all the AI, though!
Congratulations to the happy couple!

Back
Top Bottom