Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just told my husband that we are going to the swap in Imlay City next weekend. Can't wait!!
ya.gif

SHES HERE!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Picture003-8.jpg

Picture006-5.jpg

She was born Christmas Eve. No name yet, for once I'm having a difficult time coming up with one. I've managed to name all 22 ducks and several of the chickens, but not this poor girl!

Found the ad for 7 of them in Howell for only $25. She was selling the babies and the parents because the kids weren't interested in them anymore. She had a rough day so she's spending the night in our extra large dog kennel. First she was chased by the woman's 5 kids, then when we got home I went to open the kennel we brought her home in and she took off. ALL the way into the corn field behind our house. I still can't walk well so Aric took off running and chased her deep into the field, then had to pounce on her. I'm surprised he didn't get stabbed by the cut corn stalks!!

She's fine now. I went out earlier and she was cuddled up in the straw. I think she's sad and confused but she'll adjust. I'm SO excited. She's my birthday present (birthday is April 27th) and I can't wait until the morning when we can start extending the fence to make her her own run!

Ahhh Keyt...how adorable!!! Very cute birthday gift!!
Hope everyone has a good time at the Imlay swap...I'm not sure where it is but assume it is downstate somewhere.
I get another batch of hatching eggs this morning....part English part American blue/splash/black orpingtons. My 5 others that hatched out will be a week old tomorrow and are growing fast and are so darn cute. Then May will be my last hatch with Blue jersey Giants. Guess I have a thing for "blue"!
roll.png

Today is suppose to be good weather followed by like 5 days of rain...however...that rain should get rid of the remaining snow and I'm ready for that.

10233_coffee_drinker_2.gif
Good morning all. It's nice to see Boyd once again. I was starting to think that he had fallen off the face of the earth. In the same vein, I should call Sarah from Wileyfarms and see what's up with her as well.

Rain again for today, but I guess we are supposed to get April showers. At least it isn't snow so I'm not complaining.

Hiding that lil piggy picture form the kids<<.. soo cute!. We start on building our coop this weekend, chicks are 10 days old and they already need alot more space, every morning my 10 year old runs to the brooder box and yells MOM theres no eggs YET.
Then she scolds the baby chicks a bit, she cant wait to eat HER EGGS she says..lol.
So far I am really glad I have gotten my family and kids into the chicken raising thing, already see a difference in how they relate to what they eat. Even my chicken hater Mom is talking about getting just 3 or 4 hens for eggs, this chicken thing is catching on..lol
Saturday looks to be a wonderful day here in south mid Mi, lets hope it holds, we are trying to hurry and get our coop built this weekend next Thursday my DH leaves for 4 weeks of training maneuvers, then possible deployment again.
You all take care and have a wonderful week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom