Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: Has anyone noticed a correlation between early tail feathers and sex? I have two chicks that already have tail feathers, the other three have nothing. I'm hoping it's not a roo thing.

Another question:   Has anyone noticed a correlation between early tail feathers and sex?  I have two chicks that already have tail feathers, the other three have nothing.  I'm hoping it's not a roo thing.

my neighbor says there is... Says the ones to start developing tails faster are boys. I don't know... I had Rocky, and I would have sworn he was a pullets up until he started messing up my ladies.

Here is my most friendly chick. She comes right to me when she sees me coming. RUNS! She's the one named Hawk... She sure liked being held, then decided it check out my glasses, see if she could get under my chins...

Ok, I guess I forgot the one where she looks like she's trying to take out me eye...She is a faverolle mix. I just wonder what one she is mixed with. She's one from Avalon.

Look at the purrrty birdie. I don’t remember all the breeds the lady said she had when I bought the hatching eggs but I think she could be mixed with anything from EEs to Australorp and RIR’s. Hope that helps. I have 48 eggs in the incubator right now, due to hatch March 1st. Soooo excited. Hopefully all of them will be cute little salmon faverolle mixes.
PS. How is the chick with the funny foot doing?

No one is up and about so I think I'll just go back to bed.

I was up but I went back to bed. Today is the long day at school so I'm entitled. Right?

For those of you with no will power for the newly hatched chicks, I can post some pictures of my Uggos. Those ugly beasts would turn Col, Sanders off chickens.

Speaking of the Uggos, they were out in the tent coop, dust bathing with the big girls. And they came back into the garage coop when I called them. I think I just might keep those butt-ugly birds.
love.gif

NovaAman
I might....... i've been hoarding eggs the last few days and keeping them in a cool spot inside......I am thinking she may need to go into a kennel as she's lower on the pecking order and may be getting kicked out of the nest. She was sleeping in the nest and pooping in it though; i may start out with a few test eggs to see if she can keep them clean..... I had wanted to try this hen with the new roo though ( The Fav mutt)..... So far i've tried him with my BO but i was not pleased with the head pecking :/ I will give him another shot, but i will not tolerate too much of it. I had wanted the extra toes in the EE's, and mabe some more pink egg layers? He'll get a chance today, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom