Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said... Does anyone around here have a welder? I need a piece of metal welded to my driver side floor. There is a hole. The only thing keeping my foot from falling Through, is the carpet... which is still good. LOL. Old jeep. Great engine. Michigan rust. LOL.

I had the same problem with my old truck but on both sides. No welder. So I found a couple sheets medium thick aluminum. I pounded them into shape, put some old roofing patch all over the floor and then I used a drill pop riveter to attach the aluminum to a few good places around the edges where there was some good sheet metal. Worked pretty good. I had an old rubber floor mat too. So I put some more roof patch down and than stuck the rubber mat on top of that. No more slush and water getting in to my feet. I was going to even try sheet metal screws but a friend of mine said he'd bring over his riveter.

RBahmer - congrats on your little ones.

Stacykins - by watching the fun you didn't mean you were going to turn the air jets on were you? LOL

RaZ - I'm not much into cake or cupcakes. I do like pumpkin pie and cheese cake. BUT I am especially fond of home made oatmeal and raisin cookies!!! Feel better.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my old truck. No welder. So I found a couple sheets medium think aluminum. I pounded them into shape, put some old roofing patch all over the floor and then I used a drill pop riveter to attach the aluminum to a few good places around the edges where there was some goo sheet metal. Worked pretty good. I had an old rubber floor mat too. So I put some more roof patch down and than stuck the rubber mat on top of that. No more slush and water getting in to my feet.

I wouldn't know from experience (
wink.png
) but road signs work great.
lau.gif

Back when DH was still DBF he had an old chevy pick-up, all lifted up and decked out, but the floor boards rusted through and he put road signs down for the floor. Worked like a charm, even in mud bogs.

I miss that truck. The kid he sold it to had it a whopping 24 hours when he thought he'd show off by dropping it into third going down the road. He missed and hit reverse; dropped the tranny right there. It was towed to a junk yard and as far as we heard at the time it never moved again.

Sorry. It's the March and March-April-May outlook for Precip and Temperature for the US.

The top-left shows the temperature outlook for March. The orange over Michigan (and much of the US) is showing a prediction for above average temps. The blue on the left coast is predicting below average temps.

The top-right shows the March outlook for precipitation. The green areas are above normal, the brown areas are below.

The bottom-left is temp outlook for March-April-May, again showing above normal temps for our area, just to a lesser extent.

And the bottom-right is showing March-April-May precip outlook. Same color coding as the March precip outlook. Again, we're above average.

ETA: I thought the gardeners here would be especially interested. It's just a prediction, of course. Anything could happen. But with this in mind... I do believe I'll try some early planting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom