Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coffee is on yet I can hardly get motivated. This cold is whipping my butt big time. I can't remember ever having one that hurts quite as much as this one. I've got lots I need to do but it is going to have to wait. Walking across the room wears me out. I really worry about Granny having it as well.

I hope you feel better soon, Sam- have you gone to the doctor? I hope it doesnt hit Granny hard.

Morning all...this morning 2 of the final 3 were pipped. Hoping to get the next batch in tonight! I have to get some pictures tonight of one of the chicks...not sure on the color but I think it might be a buff. I have a "black" rooster out there that I think it actually a hidden partridge so he's leaving the coop asap! I don't need him messing with my colors!

Morning all...this morning 2 of the final 3 were pipped. Hoping to get the next batch in tonight! I have to get some pictures tonight of one of the chicks...not sure on the color but I think it might be a buff. I have a "black" rooster out there that I think it actually a hidden partridge so he's leaving the coop asap! I don't need him messing with my colors!

is this a silkie roo? I'd like some silkies, and don't care what color they are. Let me know if you want to re home him!

Good Morning everyone and Welcome to the Newbies!!

Ok all what kind of Roo is this?
I can't say but he sure is a beautiful one!!

Here are some pictures.
I dont know how many black ones are in this pile:

I must say....these 2 little black ones are the blackest little chicks I've ever seen. Bet they would be gorgeous when grown!!

Hope you feel better soon Opa, granny too. Drink lots of water and take care of yourself!

Everyone ready for some snow?
X2 here.......The crud is going around and I'm taking my son to the Dr. this morning.....nasty sore throat that we've been doctoring for a few days not making any progress with it.

We weren't suppose to get any snow in my area but we woke this morning to a nice dusting....everything looks so pretty & the sun is shining. I'm glad my flock got to free range yesterday cause they won't want to today due the snow.

Congrats to all the successful hatchers!

we're supposed to get 7" or so by tomorrow morning.. but it won't last long... mud season is around the corner!

Hope your son feels better soon too M. Sue... I try to avoid anyone that gets sick at work, won't let them in my office... and if it's real bad, I keep my door closed! I can see some benefit in being a germaphobe, though I don't consider myself one.

My Turkeys I picked up Sunday must be feeling at home.. the tom was struttin his stuff yesterday and the girls backs are all dirty....... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have some youngsters to enjoy!

Last edited:
fifteen babies hatched out total last night...my incubator was so crowded I couldnt tell if there were anymore eggs. I just now moved all of them into the brooder- two more babies were zipped, wing out, and dried in there, stuck. Saved them, they are still in the incubator- for a total of 17 babies. I refilled the water with really warm water in the incubator because there are three unpipped eggs.

I was trying to wait until everything was hatched- fantastic incubator, but the floor space is half of what a hovabator or other styrofoam incubator has. I couldnt tell eggs from eggshells. Couldnt even see eggs under a sea of babies :)
When you have so many eggs in the incubator how do you keep the chicks from kicking around the hatching eggs? or do you?

This cold is whipping my butt big time. I can't remember ever having one that hurts quite as much as this one. I've got lots I need to do but it is going to have to wait. Walking across the room wears me out. I really worry about Granny having it as well.

Not sure if my cold is the same! but I don't ever remember my head, eyes, jaws and face hurting so bad with only a cold. I'm way past wanting this thing gone and medicine seems to do nothing. Hope you feel better Opa.

Good morning Michigan, cool and cloudy here, sounds like the snow is going to miss us south (again). Had a tire come off the tractor yesterday (in the middle of the driveway of course) so glad I don't have to blow snow - should have it fixed and back on today.

Opa, hope you and Granny both feel better soon- make sure you both get lots of rest, most chores can wait a few days so don't work yourself too hard.

Mom, what a bunch of cuties!

Jen, how about some pics
big_smile.png

Hope all you that are feeling ill, FEEL BETTER SOON!!!
Love all the chix pics! They are so adorable!
Predicted 8.9 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow!
ep.gif

Guess better go out and make sure the chix wil have everything they need before the "Big Storm" This winter has been soooo strange.

Have a good day, all!!
frow.gif

Thought y'all might like to see the results of my rescue of the little duckling last night. I was up every 2 hours checking on him, so I'm a bit tired today, possibly more so than he is. He has discovered he can climb! He's sitting on top of the fluffy chick toy I put inside. Tipped it over, then climbed up the head to its butt. Silly duckie!
jumpy.gif

Thought y'all might like to see the results of my rescue of the little duckling last night. I was up every 2 hours checking on him, so I'm a bit tired today, possibly more so than he is. He has discovered he can climb! He's sitting on top of the fluffy chick toy I put inside. Tipped it over, then climbed up the head to its butt. Silly duckie!
jumpy.gif

Cute. That tag gave it away, but now it looks like a stuffed duck toy!! You are going to have to change the numbers in your tag line now!

Opa - Get better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom