Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the storm isn't quite as bad as predicted and I suppose I have stalled as long as I can about going outside. I need to check on the birds and then go to the drug store to replenish our cough syrup. Hope and I are doing much better and Granny feels she is over the worst of it. This has been a cold that I wouldn't have wished on my worst enemy.

Our little girl, Zeva, out enjoying the snow in her lil' sweater.
tongue.png

i vote cockerel.

Zeva is so cute!

Its still snowing off and on here. Its heavy and wet.

For the first time, I am very unhappy with my bank. BEYOND ANNOYED! They had a conversion a few months back. What did that mean? Well, not a whole heck of a lot as far as I cared. Well, I should have cared a bit more, because apparently my direct deposit account number has changed. I need to now add 4 more numbers to the end of my account. Would have been nice to know that before I did my taxes. SO, my MI return has been returned to MI because of improper account number. So, now another 2-6 weeks. My federal return is supposed to be March 6. Yup. NOPE. That will get sent back also. And then it will be 3-4 week before a paper check comes. Needless to say. I am not happy. I needed that money to take care of my property taxes that were supposd to have been paid by the guy who holds my land contract. And what ticks me off, is I need to get them paid by the 31st of March. I have to sue my land contract holder to get the money back in small claims in the end, but it won't be fast enough. This is a night mare. I need to get a conventional loan as soon as possible. This was to be a 5 yr contract then I take a loan. Problem? 2 more years on the contract, and other problem, just lost half my pay. Well, oh well. Guess I better get scrambling. Sorry to vent.

Wow, wish I could go the the shearing event. This is our first lambing and shearing season (Romeldales), We have had 2 ewes lamb already, 2 more due in April, and the last one in May. I cannot imagine having 40 at once, but atleast you get it done and over with. We had not planned on haveing two lamb in February....but woops, fencing issue. lol
I used to have them lamb in April or May but because I sell market lambs having them in Feb gives them a couple extra months for growth. Plus I have had a lot less issues with worms and stuff. Feb is too cold for the worms to become active so by the time they get active I have already wormed the lambs plus they don't reek as much havoc on older ones like newborns.

If a fortune teller were to look in a crystal ball, they'd see goslings in my future! I just got six brown Chinese hatching eggs from Bargain. Whee! The eggs are settling and coming to temperature post shipment at the moment, but soon, they will be incubating!

So I will be joining the ranks of goose keeper in about a month or so! I am wanting these to be friendly pets, so I will be socializing them from day one. Though if ALL six hatch (not likely due to shipping, but possible), anyone here want some goslings? I want to keep three, that seems like a good number :D

Hey ChickwannaB how's the chicks doing????????????????????

X2.....and How's it out by you? Are you out in the open? Blowing here but I've been through worse.

The white cockerel is so cute....like the birdhouse too!!

Puppies in sweaters in the snow......priceless!

Last edited:
If a fortune teller were to look in a crystal ball, they'd see goslings in my future! I just got six brown Chinese hatching eggs from Bargain. Whee! The eggs are settling and coming to temperature post shipment at the moment, but soon, they will be incubating!

So I will be joining the ranks of goose keeper in about a month or so! I am wanting these to be friendly pets, so I will be socializing them from day one. Though if ALL six hatch (not likely due to shipping, but possible), anyone here want some goslings? I want to keep three, that seems like a good number :D

Good for you Stacykins, sounds like you're having alot of fun. I now have children from the buff Chante's I got from you. Here's a p[ic of most of them. 3forfree took some eggs of mine and incubated them, then he gave them back to me, they are at five weeks now.
then I did a small 7 egg hatch from what I think were my Barred Rocks x either Chante or JG roo They are just at 9 days. I see some red in them unless it's the buff blending with black somehow, such cuties. Mutts!!

Forecast has been changed for here, now it's a 30% chance of up to an inch.

I'm going to go out, fire up the snow-blower and push it through the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom