Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, for the pickup offers! I will have to sweet talk DH and see if that gets anywhere ;) It would be really neat to see everyone in person. Is it a potluck too? I will have to check the links now.

Quote:Originally Posted by swampducks What is a lavender chicken?
It looks like a "blue". :) There are a few breeds that come in that color... (If you remember Raz's last avitar, that is what blue/lav looks like)

Quote:Originally Posted by b737drvr Don't you have problems with the hens jumping in and then pooping?
Hmmm. You would at that size! My rubber feed dish is only about 10" across. Basically, if it's shallow they scratch it out, if it has a lip they will stand on it and tip it. I like having more than one dish too, so the lower on the pecking order can eat at the same time without waiting. or you could make an awsome continuous feeder with one, Farmerboy just made one a week or so ago. (works like the regular feeders, but on a much huger scale, and a deeper edge to minimize scratching out food.) :) Btw, beware the friendly crew at the farm stores, they will often kindly steer you to the most expensive thing you always wanted but never needed ;) (Took most of a year and untold wasted dollars before i caught on to that one)
These guys on here know what really works.

Quote: Originally Posted by babigyrl22 my biggest buy today was this adorable new egg basket
That's too cute! I see you have some easter eggers too! I like that blue. Mine is much lighter.

This is a very nice clip for us Michigan Girls and you guys will enjoy it to!
What a beautiful voice and a lovely song. And the accompanying photos are gorgeous and show some wonderful Michigan scenes. I notice the singer and her group are going to be doing a show at a tea shop/book store in Ann Arbor on Friday March 23. I've gone to a couple shows there in the past (to see a friend of a friend perform). The shows are free (contributions to the artist solicited). It's not a very big space but fine if you get there early enough to get a decent seat (otherwise you're pushed out past the tea counter and into the book area where the tarot card reader is at work, and you can't really see the performers. And sadly, the tarot card reader keeps her voice down, so you don't even get the entertainment of eavesdropping). Anyway, seriously, I might have to check Ruth Bloomquist out. Thanks, Chickmate.

Quote: Originally Posted by RaZ How much do chickens poop after they go to roost at night?
Umm. mine poop a lot,
lol.png
You might wanna move her, especially if there's a chance of extra special "presents" which kinda tend to soak in....

Quote: Originally Posted by RaZ How much do chickens poop after they go to roost at night?
Umm. mine poop a lot,
lol.png
You might wanna move her, especially if there's a chance of extra special "presents" which kinda tend to soak in....

I guess I'll find out in the morning. If she is dumb enough to sit under another chickens butt...???!!!

This may be an odd question. How much do chickens poop after they go to roost at night?
The reason I ask is that Uggo Lemon and BLA Gravy are bedded down side by side and Pepper is sound asleep right under their rumps.

I suppose I'll find out in the morning if Pepper got pooped on.

My understanding is that chickens poop about half of their daily output on the roost at night. Never measured it , don't have documentation but did read it. Not odd at all, strangely enough. Ha....

Good Grief, I just bid on more eggs.
hide.gif
But, my one little girl is lonely and they ship the 8th the same as my other eggs, and they would be cute, and....

Also does anyone have any recommendations (books, sites etc.) if I would like to read about breeding or genetics?

Raz - I have the same issue. the younger girls have decided that they like to sleep on the edge of the poop tray. They all sleep the same way but their butts to get pooped on from above. I tried to fight them on it by moving them but then gave up. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom