Micro ducks and chicken runts....is it the soy?

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
We have our share of micro ducks and runt chickens popping up on the forum. I have wondered if it was some form a dwarfism, but I am suspecting something else....soy, GMO soy and GMO corn.

"Campbell hamsters that have a fast reproduction rate were fed for two years with ordinary soya beans, which are widely used in agriculture and contain different percentages of GM organisms. Another group of hamsters, the control group, was fed with pure soya, which was found with great difficulty in Serbia because 95 percent of soya in the world is transgenic.

Concerning the experiment carried out jointly by the National Association for Gene Security and the Institute of Ecological and Evolutional Problems, Dr. Alexei Surov had this to say.

“We selected several groups of hamsters, kept them in pairs in cells and gave them ordinary food as always,” says Alexei Surov.

“We did not add anything for one group but the other was fed with soya that contained no GM components, while the third group with some content of Genetically Modified Organisms and the fourth one with increased amount of GMO. We monitored their behavior and how they gain weight and when they give birth to their cubs. Originally, everything went smoothly. However, we noticed quite a serious effect when we selected new pairs from their cubs and continued to feed them as before. These pairs’ growth rate was slower and they reached their sexual maturity more slowly. When we got some of their cubs we formed the new pairs of the third generation. We failed to get cubs from these pairs, which were fed with GM foodstuffs. It was proved that these pairs lost their ability to give birth to their cubs,” Dr. Alexei Surov said."
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/april262010/gm-food-as.php

Interesting thanks for posting it.

I am really happy with my rate of lay and maturing rates of my birds that are soy and GMO free.... Once my April hatched Paul Smith BB/S Ameraucana's start to lay, I will try and compare to what others that may feed soy and GMO feeds to their birds and see if their is a difference.

ON

I'm familiar with that study on hamsters. I read about it somewhere else in its entirety.

Another surprise was discovered by scientists in hamsters of the third generation. Hair grew in the mouth of the animals that took part in the experiment. It’s unclear why this happened.

I do believe there were more weird side effects in the one I read.

I think it is very startling to say the least... imagine what effect this is having on humans, whose reproductive cycles take much longer, thus take longer to identify problems with them. We won't know if something is wrong with us until it is quite literally too late. I think we really need to press to have GMO foods banned or at least identified.

Quote:
I so much agree. I am so disgusted with what happened to labeling of milk and rBGH or should I say lack of.

GMO's should have a big label saying:
WARNING: The long term effects of consuming this product or feeding it to animals are unknown.

One must not forget it is the same company that brings us GMO's that brought us Agent Orange.. Which of course was NOT safe for our troops!

This study alone should get people concerned. Let alone the concern about what happens when these GMO grains cross breed with non GMO grains. One day we may conclude GMO's are not healthy and should be banned, but it may be too late, as the GMO grains have contaminated non GMO grains.... Whoops there goes the worlds food supply...!

We do this why? So we can have a $0.99 cent hamburger at a fast food joint instead of one that maybe costs $1.30??????
ON

Back
Top Bottom