Migration

crazyfarmer

Songster
9 Years
Apr 2, 2013
West Tennessee
isnt it a little late to be migrating? I have three Mallards that flew off today. They were laid and hatched in my backyard this past June. they have plenty of food and water given to them every day so im just confused as to why they would fly off right now

isnt it a little late to be migrating? I have three Mallards that flew off today. They were laid and hatched in my backyard this past June. they have plenty of food and water given to them every day so im just confused as to why they would fly off right now
They may come back, they could just be testing their wings out, Do you have any bodies of water close by? Ducks love to fly

i have my mallard when it stormed they flew in my pasture and my pasture is 15 acres and they was all the way on the other side i ran out there herded them back to the house and i clip there wing now they dont try to fly they still think their wings are clipped lol now they just stay here where its nice and warm

Just to report they have not come back yet. And yes there are several ponds in the area but no one has seen any of them
Well lets hope they found a nice safe place to call home.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom