Mille Cochin Info

My husband walked in, saw Mille's picture on the computer and remarked what a pretty little hen she was!

I got my first egg today
yippiechickie.gif

My pair arrived last Thursday, but since then it has been nothing but WINDY here in SD, and they've been cooped up in their coop since then. That plus the 2-day ship half way across the country, I don't blame her for not feeling like laying! I sure was happy to see that egg though :)

I am looking for MF eggs or chicks. I recently bought MF eggs and only one hatched after rough USPS handling and unfortunately it turned out not to be a MF at all. It looks to me like it is a mottled. Mottled is ok but that isnt what I bid on.
I dont seem to be having any luck getting MF eggs. I have one hen that I got last year and she is absolutely beautiful!
Any help would be appreciated.

Finally, a day without 35 mph winds! My chickens were SO happy to get outside today!
lol.png

(no shame)
Sorry, I hope this doesn't offend anyone. I just thought it was so funny. I set them on the grass and within moments he showed me how excited he was to finally get outside!!

My pretty little roo. He keeps his eye on me!

Inky and Ruby Rod!

Nancy,
they look so happy!
That last photo I posted is of Inky before she flew out to you. She is a lovely girl, isn't she? And he compliments her very well. Love the name you gave him! And he loves Inky! LOL

Thanks Funky Feathers! BTW, I love the roo you have for sale. He reminds me of my Ruby Rod - so pretty!

Amy, yes, I recognized the pic :) I really love them. My incubator arrived today! I originally wanted Cochins for broody hens but then I ended up buying an incubator so that I could incubate her eggs until she decides to go broody!
idunno.gif

Karen, I'm still working on their outdoor pen, for now I put them in an old puppy x-pen. - temporary and a little flimsy, but it works until I get the pen done
big_smile.png

Quote:
Karen, I'm still working on their outdoor pen, for now I put them in an old puppy x-pen. - temporary and a little flimsy, but it works until I get the pen done
big_smile.png

ok i can see that. i currently have my new pair in a brooder in quarantine (and until their new pen is done - hopefully today or tomorrow) and i've got my younger dorking roo in the laundry room in a small cage. he hurt his leg somehow, and in the cage outside he just paced (and limped) but settled down once he couldn't see the grass. LOL think i have more birds IN the house than out right now (counting eggs, babies, those in 'hospital' and the chicks i'll be getting tomorrow). good thing chicken math is so hard... otherwise i'd have an exact number of how many i had where, and would probably be shot by hubby.
lau.gif

My husband walked in, saw Mille's picture on the computer and remarked what a pretty little hen she was!

I got my first egg today
yippiechickie.gif

My pair arrived last Thursday, but since then it has been nothing but WINDY here in SD, and they've been cooped up in their coop since then. That plus the 2-day ship half way across the country, I don't blame her for not feeling like laying! I sure was happy to see that egg though :)
That you :) shes a sweety

Back
Top Bottom