Mini Coop with Run

feedstorechick

Songster
10 Years
Jun 30, 2009
I borrowed this design from pamperedpoultry. The overall size is 4' x 8'. My big coop with a electric net fence is great for grown hens, but wasn't working for younger birds and bantams. This works great!
35698_minicoop1.jpg

That's great! I need to build something like that when I get new babies and they outgrow their brooder, but aren't old enough to go into the big house.

The overall size is 4' x 8'. The coop is 2'x4' and the run is 6' x4'.

We built our design so the coop and the run are two separate pieces.

The frame of the run is 4'x8', but the wire stops at 6'. The coop is like a house that slides into the side boards of the frame of the run.

This photo shows how the coop fits between the side boards of the run. It slides up to the wire, then a screw on each side holds it in place.

35698_minicoop4.jpg

Electric net fence isn't perfect, but I like it. Mine came from premier1supplies.com. They have a great video showing how to install it.

It installs fast and provides enough shock to keep out pets and livestock. We did have one raccoon get past it. Once we trapped that one, we haven't had any more trouble.

Little chickens, like bantams and young birds can run through the mesh, so it works best on grown standard size chickens.

Back
Top Bottom