Mini Cup Automatic Waterers

zookeeptd

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 15, 2012
North Mississippi
Has anyone ever used these waterers?? By Fleming Outdoors

Enables container to be re-used as a flexible drinker for any breed of bird. Its unique float-valve system ensures that it is always full. A simple, easy to use, low cost, multi-specie drinker system that does not require the use of tubing or header tanks. May take up to 5 min. for the cups to fill after water is added to the bucket. Be patient! W=5" Pan depth=1.5" Size of hole for insertion is 1/2".

The New Mini Cup Drinker from BEC is a unique, self-filling, multi use drinker that can be fitted to any sized water container. It enables any container to be re-used as a flexible drinker for any breed of bird and its unique float-valve system ensures that it is always full.

At just 12.5cm wide, with a depth of 9cm, the Mini Cup Drinker can be readily fitted at any chosen height, and any number can be fitted to any type of water container.

To fit, simply drill a 1/2″/12mm hole at the desired height and insert the drinker into the hole, then fasten with locking nut and filter. The Mini Cup Drinker is a simple, easy to use, low cost, all round drinker system that does not require the use of pipe work or header tanks.

NOTE: Do NOT use with water depth greater than 18 Inches.

trans_1x1.gif
trans_1x1.gif

Just bought a few last month. Super easy to install, but after the first week it leaked all over the coop. We tightened it and it worked great for another week, then it leaked all over again. Gave up after the third leak and am now using a standard waterer in the coop and a tub in the run. I will try to use the mini cup drinkers again on a different container, but I was not very impressed after a few weeks if use.

Yes we bought about 15 of them. Boy we thought they were great even at $11 ea. Then after a week to 10 days they started leaking. They were not leaking at the connection, they were overflowing! First one then two or three finally nearly all of them were doing it in less than a month. I called the vendor and they said there is a float inside that had gotten clogged jamed whatever. Well if they are going to clog after a week or three just from the gunk off of the chickens beak the they are absolutely USELESS !!!!!! Glad to finally be able to tell someone this.

Same story. Bought two and mounted to a 5 gallon bucket. They were fine for two weeks and then leaked. I took it apart and everything seemed to work fine. But they still leaked. Now it is time to modify for nipple waterers.

Back
Top Bottom