(Mini Project) Rainbow Laying Silkies.

Ah, got it. Do you plan to finish up any projects?
Yes, primarily the Giant Silkies, I'm ahead on so far with F2's. Gonna make another F1 cross, but of Silkie X Malay to breed to F2 Silkie/Brahma/Silkie.

I'll be beginning a long term culling project for a new survivalist breed. Naming them Rainbow Runners.

Hello, gonna be creating silkies that lay colored eggs, besides white, tinted, & cream.
These are to not be confused with Silkied Easter Eggers.

These will have all the traits of a Silkie, but will lay different colored eggs.

Egg colors to be expected: Original, white, tinted, cream. (Colored Eggs: Green, Olive Green, Brown, Chocolate Brown, Blue, Turquoise, Light Blue, Light Green, Mint Chip, Minty, Pastel Greens, Plum, & pink.

These are gonna be of Large Fowl variety.

Order for the Breeding project:

Silkie X Easter Egger X Silkie

Silkie X Black Copper Marans X Silkie

Then breed these first couple mixes together.

Here's a couple egg color charts.
View attachment 2815416View attachment 2815417Project will begin next year. Most likely in early summer.
I totally love this project ! I may try it myself. I just hatched two from my white silky broody mama with my lavender olive egger ROO who is an F3-4 from copper Maran and ameraucanas. I’ll show pics tomorrow I think they would be Silkys right? F1…

Only if the male also had all silkie traits.
Oh hmmmm what would my lavender olive egger ROO and white silky mixes be called ?it matters if the male out of the two mixed ones has silky traits ? because they both have 5 toes and dark skin only a day old tho….the little gray blue looking one is here… I didn’t get a picture of the other one yet since it just hatched. The white silky is the mama and stardust is our Roo pic here is the father.

Attachments

• 2C1323AE-7F7E-462B-AADF-64DAE4FC077D.jpeg
    2C1323AE-7F7E-462B-AADF-64DAE4FC077D.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 2
  • E0AE7931-F1E9-4F19-93D7-E6CCBE4BCF2D.jpeg
    E0AE7931-F1E9-4F19-93D7-E6CCBE4BCF2D.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 3
  • F3767C84-C6F3-407C-9466-60E47D9A485A.jpeg
    F3767C84-C6F3-407C-9466-60E47D9A485A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Oh hmmmm what would my lavender olive egger ROO and white silky mixes be called ?it matters if the male out of the two mixed ones has silky traits ? because they both have 5 toes and dark skin only a day old tho….the little gray blue looking one is here… I didn’t get a picture of the other one yet since it just hatched. The white silky is the mama and stardust is our Roo pic here is the father.
Mixes. Maybe satins if the absolute only silkie trait missing is the feather type. Unless dad carries silkie feathering, there is no way they'll show silkie feathering

Mixes. Maybe satins if the absolute only silkie trait missing is the feather type. Unless dad carries silkie feathering, there is no way they'll show silkie feathering
Oh yeah no their daddy is the lavender olive egger ROO. So how do you get a f1 silky mix olive mix? To breed the same kind I just did to each other ? Sorry I’m new ya know by my questions I’m sure you can tell this

Oh yeah no their daddy is the lavender olive egger ROO. So how do you get a f1 silky mix olive mix? To breed the same kind I just did to each other ? Sorry I’m new ya know by my questions I’m sure you can tell this
F1, is Generation 1, the crossing of a Silkie X Olive Egger for F1 would result in Solid feathered offspring. The Silkie Feather trait is recessive. So, the only way to get the Silkie feathering is to cross the offspring together, or breed back to pure Silkie.

I no longer have a French Black Copper Marans hen, she passed away a year, or two ago from a heart attack. I didn't order another FBCMs this year, so I may order another next year.

F1, is Generation 1, the crossing of a Silkie X Olive Egger for F1 would result in Solid feathered offspring. The Silkie Feather trait is recessive. So, the only way to get the Silkie feathering is to cross the offspring together, or breed back to pure Silkie.
Thank you. Well said! One more question does it matter Roo or hen when crossing them back to silky or it’s just my preference…? Since I have two F1 now that are really a pretty blue color with feathered feet … I will try to bring it back silky style with one or both of the two newer batches of Silkys I’m hatching right now

Back
Top Bottom