Minnesota!

Does anyone have any strain of Maran available? I want pullets or hens because I have had terrible luck with getting chicks (5 roosters!). I'd be willing to pick them up from anywhere of your choice. Send me a PM if you have any available!

Hi All!  Haven't been up to Garrison yet. Maybe will make that trip one day. 
How did all you northern Minnesotans fare with the latest big storm?

Our house was hit by a huge pine....but just external damage.  We're grateful God was watching out for us..especially DH who was 2 feet from where it fell!.   He was gazing at the chicken coop he just built and was praying it wouldn't be ripped off its concrete foundation.   Much love labor went into that job for him.    The giant pine that hit our house sheared two rooflines and landed on the the third and then the deck.   Cleanup happened the next day after the pics (for the assessor).

A couple of familes in the area came over for showers as we had electric whereas around 5000 homes did not (our electric cable is all buried where we are) and another family just couldn't take the heat and so moved in with us for 2 days with theire kids and new puppy ( a gorgeous mini Australian shepherd)    (no basement at their house..never build without a basemnet if possible)

Lots of trees down everywhere and the ensuing damage.  No deaths.  Amazing!

Cheryl

Glad you made out good compared to your neighbors. How did the chicken coop fair? We here in Brainerd faired okay. I did by accident feed a coon I think as 3 of my ducks are missing without a trace. So it put out some traps and landed me the neighbors black cat, by by putty tat. The girl came looking for it and I told her to have grandma or dad to give me a call. They got real upset but like I told them that these are not some wild birds but my livestock. Thier reply was I should have called them to come and get it. My reply was how many times should I do this before I have a right to protect my livestock? After all as I reminded them that they shot my dog that came over to play with thier dog. Fritzy never hurt anything or even chased anything either. So it was kinda tooshay. Any how we made it okay.

Wow. There always seem to be new challenges to forgive. Shooting your dog....that would be one of the bigger challenges for me. A heart-stabber.

We use a live-trap for racoons and then take them to the wilds or..............
A german shorthair (5 months old) (ours) got herself trapped...filled that trap to the max.

The coop stayed on the foundation and no tree damage to it, either. We're slowly felling the tall trees that could be a threat. Two little hens (10 wks) weathered the storm b/c I forgot to do a "head count" after I closed them in. It was HARD gettting them in...they seemed to like the rain????? Found them an hour later. Took the blowdryer to the tame one. She likes it!

Things are back to normal but if we were to be graded on preparedness, my husband says we're a C plus or a B minus. Something to think about.

Hello all! Have not posted for awhile, but figured I would now. After much decision, I have decided to get out of chickens. All of my hens have been rehomed to a single family (very thankful). I do however have a lot of misc stuff that I am looking to sell. If you are looking for anything, please let me know. I did layers and broilers, so I have ALOT of stuff.

Sad you're 'leaving'. Once a chicken lover, always one I think, though. And you know, I began to love cats in my forties. I was strictly 'dog' prior to meeting our now 17 1/2 year old cat. Anything can happen in this life
old.gif

Anyhow....I was wondering if you are putting up a list of the things you want to sell?

Back
Top Bottom