MJ's little flock

Here they are, always the first in line for mealies :p They get called fat bird, and I use "they" as the collective because I can't tell them apart :confused:Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I got that from Shad or if I called them that before him haha. Probably got it from him! View attachment 2013490View attachment 2013491
Really beautiful. Thanks for showing them to us :)

Ivy's tail tufts

You may have to use your imagination a little, but see that black thingmabob pointing backwards above her tooshi? It's a few tail feather tufts!

View attachment 2012930

From another angle:

View attachment 2012933
Ivy's tail tufts

You may have to use your imagination a little, but see that black thingmabob pointing backwards above her tooshi? It's a few tail feather tufts!

View attachment 2012930

From another angle:

View attachment 2012933
She is stunning (even with a purple rear end!)

She is stunning (even with a purple rear end!)
They're both very cute :love it's very hot here today, 40C (104F) so I've started the misting system in the henhouse where the pullets are. The hens are in the yard. After the eggs have been laid, I'll switch them over so the hens can cool off under the misting and the pullets can have the big yard to themselves.

They're both very cute :love it's very hot here today, 40C (104F) so I've started the misting system in the henhouse where the pullets are. The hens are in the yard. After the eggs have been laid, I'll switch them over so the hens can cool off under the misting and the pullets can have the big yard to themselves.
Wow, that is very hot. Is that normal for your summers there? We don't generally get over 100° here.

Wow, that is very hot. Is that normal for your summers there? We don't generally get over 100° here.
It's not constant in the part of Australia where I live. We'll have a week of scorching heat, followed by a week or two of mild, then hot again. Today is day one of a three day hot spell. Saturday will be raining and cool.

It's not constant in the part of Australia where I live. We'll have a week of scorching heat, followed by a week or two of mild, then hot again. Today is day one of a three day hot spell. Saturday will be raining and cool.
Good thing, huh? Are you moving out of fire season with that rain? We generally at hot and dry in the summer, but last year was a different story. Cool and wet for most of it. Hard on crops.

Good thing, huh? Are you moving out of fire season with that rain? We generally at hot and dry in the summer, but last year was a different story. Cool and wet for most of it. Hard on crops.
Fire season will last through to @ least March ~ maybe later, depending on how long it stays hot & dry.

Back
Top Bottom