MJ's little flock

Here they are, always the first in line for mealies :p They get called fat bird, and I use "they" as the collective because I can't tell them apart :confused:Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I got that from Shad or if I called them that before him haha. Probably got it from him! View attachment 2013490View attachment 2013491
I love the look of Brahmas but I just can't see them managing here.
They look healthy Meg. I see some picture here and while the chickens look lovely, they just seem to be missing something that I associate with health.

That looks encouraging MJ.:)
I'm almost certain the feather plucking has ceased. For six days, I've seen no attempts at nibbling Ivy's tail. Peggy might still be doing it when I'm not around, but certainly those tufts are growing and undamaged.

I'd be discouraged too. Why can't people communicate properly?

I’ve heard things about ‘chicken people’ (and I don’t think they’re referring to backyard chicken owners), about how they can ‘go dark’, to borrow a film industry phrase. If someone asks me a question, I answer it. I don’t ignore it for whatever reason.

Good thing, huh? Are you moving out of fire season with that rain? We generally at hot and dry in the summer, but last year was a different story. Cool and wet for most of it. Hard on crops.

Canberra, Australia’s capital, is being threatened by fire now. They also had really bad fires in 2003. My sister has had to vacate her house, she’s at the southern end. Apparently Friday and Saturday are going to be around 42 degrees C (107.6 degrees F) so it’s going to be hairy.

Now I know next to nothing about introducing new hens to an existing all female flock.
But, if was to attempt it and could accomodate 3 new hens, I would think about getting a match for each breed you have giving you three same breed pairs.

I like the idea. However, I don't know that I can match Lilly. I'm not really sure what breed she is?
:confused:

Canberra, Australia’s capital, is being threatened by fire now. They also had really bad fires in 2003. My sister has had to vacate her house, she’s at the southern end. Apparently Friday and Saturday are going to be around 42 degrees C (107.6 degrees F) so it’s going to be hairy.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope everything will be ok.

Oh, lordy. Sorry to hear that. That heat is wicked. Praying for the best :fl

Back
Top Bottom